Question Can you recommend some alternatives to these Office?

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
Can you recommend some alternatives to these Office?

Microsoft Office, OpenOffice/LibreOffice, Google, One Drive

I only need to make some text record and simple spreadsheet, that's why I do not want to buy or subscribe to Microsoft Office because I do not have this budget.

OpenOffice and LibreOffice crash very often and the crash keeps closing the program and losing all unsaved data.

Google and One Drive require internet connection, switching between files take a lot of waiting time

Is there any simpler but reliable and reputable alternative?

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
this is an option. i use it on my tablet but not really done much more than basic editing and viewing with it.

worth a shot anyway for free.

you can use MS office for free as well but it is like google docs as it is browser based and needs internet to access it. otherwise it works well. make a ms account which you likely already have, sign in at office.com and it's ready to go.

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
this is an option. i use it on my tablet but not really done much more than basic editing and viewing with it.

worth a shot anyway for free.

you can use MS office for free as well but it is like google docs as it is browser based and needs internet to access it. otherwise it works well. make a ms account which you likely already have, sign in at office.com and it's ready to go.

WPS office better and lighter than OpenOffice / LibreOffice?

D

Deleted member 14196

If the software crashes it’s your machine that has the issue. Fix that and LibreOffice will work

D

Deleted member 14196

Usually they keep a log to see what’s wrong. Also when it crashes it should display a message