Question can you tell me what i need to upgrade in my pc to get a significant fps increase? specs are listed below

synystur99

Honorable
Aug 25, 2016
cpu 8086k@4.0ghz
ram 16gb@3200mhz
motherboard rog maximus x hero
graphics card is amd radeon rx 5700 xt
750w psu
liquid cooled cpu

my friends told me i dont need to touch gpu just mobo and cpu maybe ram?

im aiming for 300 fps stable in valorant
190 stable on cap

Last edited:
mue8PdKsxzDbxJBEB4zHPW-970-80.png.webp

What resolution?
Realistically, you're going to have to get lucky to buy a GPU at all, let alone anywhere MSRP.
I'd say you're fine for a couple more years using what you have.

Reactions: Dean0919

synystur99

Honorable
Aug 25, 2016
What resolution, target FPS, and monitor are you aiming for?

That system should be quite capable of high frame 1080 play. Reviews state the card is capable of 1440, and higher resolution takes the load off the CPU....
i want 300 stable in valorant at least
190 stable in apex legends
my other games are running very will i get 400 fps in overwatch

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Well, blanket answer would be to open game at default settings. If the frame rate isn't what you are targeting the methods for increasing that without changing equipment is going to be to reduce resolution and/or quality settings until such can be met, if possible.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
my friend said valorant is cpu intensive and my cpu is outdated so would need to upgrade cpu and mobo?
Your CPU is 3.5 years old...

Yeah, I am just not sure that calling a 6 core 12 thread i7 that can run up to 5Ghz "outdated" is exactly accurate. This is in the same ballpark of performance as many of the newer generations (gaming) recommends.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
i wrote at the top and 240 hz monitor zowie

Not trying to be a PITA, but you did not provide any information on your monitor as it pertains to resolution or frame rate. You do mention what frames you are trying to get. This is why both of us (tennis and myself) asked repeatedly for you to provide that. Maybe you meant to.....?

Your original post was this:
cpu 8086k@4.0ghz
ram 16gb@3200mhz
750w psu
liquid cooled cpu

and then you edited to add this:

190 stable on cap

cpu 8086k@4.0ghz
ram 16gb@3200mhz
750w psu
liquid cooled cpu

190 stable on cap
Download this.
PC Benchmark

Reboot and wait a few mins.
Run UBM with the browser closed.
Post a LINK to the results page.

We need to know if you are running it at 1080p resolution or 1440p very badly. Considering BenQ does not make a 240hz 1440p monitor I think its safe to assume the OP is running 1080p. From what I can see the 8086k is roughly between an 11400f and a 12400f performance wise. If you were to get a new CPU, motherboard, and RAM your fps may increase 5-15% with a 12#00k in some titles. If you think spending 500 dollars to get that is worth it that is up to you. You could potentially sell the 8086k CPU for about 200-300 dollars and maybe the motherboard and RAM for another 50-150 depending on exactly what board and RAM you have.