Question Can you use a USB-C extension cord for the PSVR2 ?

Aussie_Wolfhound

Prominent
Jul 12, 2022
Firstly sorry if this is in the wrong section but i wasn't sure what section to put it in. Ok... a couple of days ago i bought the new PSVR2 for my PS5, only problem is my PS5 is in my room (along with just about all my tech stuff) and so there's really no space in there for VR gaming. I already have a 10 meter high-speed HDMI cord going from my PC up to a small hole in the ceiling in my room, across the top of the ceiling cavity and then down through another small hole in my living room ceiling that connects to a monitor i have here on a little setup i've made for when i'm sitting in the living room (along with a 10 meter usb extention cord that's plugged into a usb hub) and they work just fine.

I was thinking of doing the same for the PSVR2 with a USB C extension cord... but i'm not tech savvy at all (i always get other people who are tech savvy to do things for me lol) and well i just wanted to know first before i go spending money if any of you lovely nerds know if this will work or not?

P.S. I know someone is going to ask why don't i just move the PS5 to the living room... well it runs through my PC using a capture card as a pass-through so that way i can play my PS5 on both the monitor i have here in my living room and on my LG CX tv that my PC is also connected to in my room.

I'm not confident an extension cable will work here for two reasons:
  • For USB 3.x applications, the practical cable length is around 3m unless you get an active extension cable.
  • If the PSVR headset requires a higher power profile from USB-C to work, then the PSVR may not be able to negotiate a higher power profile because this can be a passive process on the connector, which an extension cable may not provide or pass through (plus the cable length may cause enough resistance to throw things off)