[SOLVED] Cannot access devices on another router.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nipun Saoji

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
I have connected multiple routers to my unmanaged switch.But I can’t access devices connected to one router from another router.

Configuration is-

Modem/router (combined)—>Unmanaged Switch—>Routers

Solution
But making router access point disabled the advance tab which has options like port forwarding and so on.so any solution for that
If you configure the router as an access point, and connect the incoming ethernet cable to a LAN port, then no port forwarding is required. The devices on the "LAN" side of the router will be in the same network as all the devices from the modem/router. You will have unimpeded access because the devices behind the router will act like they are connected to a switch.

kanewolf

Titan
I have connected multiple routers to my unmanaged switch.But I can’t access devices connected to one router from another router.

Configuration is-

Modem/router (combined)—>Unmanaged Switch—>Routers
The "Routers" need to be used as access points to allow access. If you use the as routers, then your modem/router is treated like "the internet" and the devices behind the router are isolated.

Nipun Saoji

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
The "Routers" need to be used as access points to allow access. If you use the as routers, then your modem/router is treated like "the internet" and the devices behind the router are isolated.
But making router access point disabled the advance tab which has options like port forwarding and so on.so any solution for that

kanewolf

Titan
If you configure the router as an access point, and connect the incoming ethernet cable to a LAN port, then no port forwarding is required. The devices on the "LAN" side of the router will be in the same network as all the devices from the modem/router. You will have unimpeded access because the devices behind the router will act like they are connected to a switch.

Solution

Nipun Saoji

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
Okay thank you .Also ,does this problem occurs with managed switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS