Cannot change the edition of Windows 10 in Media Creation Tool

Aug 6, 2018
Heyo!

I own a brand new MSI GL62M 7REX Laptop, it came pre-installed with Windows 10 Home Edition, with that, it came with a LOT of bloatware and unwanted applications, MSI's Nahimic is also causing audio issues in certain games, so I decided to install Windows 10 Pro.

I quickly noticed that I do not get the option to change my edition when checking the "Upgrade this PC now" option so I moved to the "Create ISO" one, then a similar problem appeared, it popped up the screen that let's you change the OS to 32/64 bit, but in the edition field I am only allowed to pick "Windows 10", which I assume would mean to reinstall it back to home edition, but that's not what I really want, there's no option in there to select Windows 10 Pro.

I would really love if one of you got me a solution to this problem.

Solution
It's a universal image, meaning it contains both home & pro.

You would need to do a completely clean install from the iso & have a legit win 10 pro key to enter on about the third install screen.

It will then install pro not home.
It's a universal image, meaning it contains both home & pro.

You would need to do a completely clean install from the iso & have a legit win 10 pro key to enter on about the third install screen.

It will then install pro not home.

Solution

gasaraki

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
You need a Pro license to install or download the pro iso. You need a computer with pro to even download the pro iso then you need a pro license to plug in afterwards.

Also the pro version has the same software on it as the home version so it's not going to help you.