Question Cannot connect to one specific site.

Oct 30, 2020
Hey all,

I have a very frustrating issue with an internet connection. I am an online teacher. I teach via an app for windows provided by the company. About a week ago I started having connection issues. When I go to use the app it will not load and will say my internet is not connected. The same thing also happens when I attempt to go to their website (a web version of the application). It is only this single connection that fails and when I do a speed test I have a solid connection (~60mbps). All other websites function normally.

Something that is weird is it will work sometimes, without me changing anything. Another oddity is the IT test on the teaching app will say I have a good connection to their servers but I don't. If I try to load any pages it freezes up and eventually times out. One last weird thing that may help is sometimes I will be in a class and I can see and hear my student, and they can hear and see me, so I am connected to that server. But, elements in the app won't load or function properly, and if I refresh it won't reload the page. I would assume they are from different servers and I am having an issue connecting to one specific server.

I have determined it is a problem with my wifi network as both mine and my girlfriend's hotspot works without any issue. After completely resetting my router to factory settings it seemingly fixed the problem. I logged on a few times over 12 hours without issue. Then, again, without changing anything it stopped working again.

Any help is appreciated this is causing me massive headaches.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS