Cannot connect to router configuration page

darenlorentz

Honorable
May 24, 2013
I'm wondering if anybody can make a suggestion. I cannot seem to connect to this router by punching in 192.168.1.1
I did an IPCONFIG, and this is my default gateway
I disabled my wireless card and enabled my wired connection, hooked up ethernet cable, and it properly hands me out an IP address 192.168.1.49
While it is just me and the router connected, I can ping 192.168.1.1 successfully.
I disabled my all of my Norton internet security just in case. The router was set up by my ISP and a default username and password probably won't work, but I have to try and I cannot even get to a page where it asks for it. I just get a standard "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage)
Router was rebooted as was my laptop. Java fully updated just in case.
Windows 7 64 bit-internet explorer 64 bit-Java 64 bit
Router is a bit of a scoundrel though. A HUAWEI HES-319M2W- there is not much good to be said about it. I just want to change the wireless settings for better security. (it broadcasts its name, username is my last name and password is my phone number, all in all not the greatest security)
Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Update-Still having no luck connecting to router configuration page. Despite X79's very useful Forefox comment. I tried, no difference.
HuaWei does have a guest account login, but I cannot even get to the point it asks for a login.