[SOLVED] Cannot enter BIOS on Gigabyte GA-78LMT-isb3 rev 6.0

Dec 31, 2018
Hello,
I sure hope someone has an easy fix for this dogbone, I was using this on my CNC Machine last year and something happened to the Windows 10 it became super contaminated so I removed the computer to the closet for a long rest. I have now decided to resurrect her so I might play my expensive Microsoft Flight and Railroad games. Anyway I have formatted the HDD to NTFS and also reset the CMOS to make a longer story shorter I cannot enter the BIOS also I cannot load an Operating system which I would like XP. Here is what I found two days ago when it would let me in;
1: LS120
2: +HARD DISK
3: CD ROM
4: ZIP
5: USB-FDD
6: USB-ZIP
7: USB-CDROM
8: USB-HDD
9: Legacy Lan
LS120 is highlighted and when I down key to CD ROM and click enter it goes back to LS120. Please tell me what I am doing wrong as I am seriously thinking about buying a used computer with XP just to get away from this hassle but it used to run the games real nice.
This screen shot is the only thing I can get

106_0033_zpsjbndziah.jpg

Regards
Jim

Solution
No the Bios is first it then finds devices to boot an OS from.

So you tried holding the delete key down while you power on your system and it does not get you into BIOS.

What sort of keyboard do you have (USB).

Does your motherboard have an old style PS2 connector? i have known some motherboards to only work off PS2 keyboard in BIOS.

Regardless, if you have a linux boot disk (or windows) in the CDROM and it still cant boot, then you probably have a motherboard problem.
What motherboard do you have?
Dec 31, 2018
I have a question do I need an operating system to access the BIOS and for whatever reason my keyboard does not work (it is good keyboard).
I went to the site you recommended and downloaded the files to CD but when I put it into the computer I get nothing. I have an extra hard drives and an external enclosure. How would I put an operating system on ths HDD using my Dell all in One and do you think it would help. I really apologize for my ignorance on this matter and I do wish I had the funds to take it to a local shop to fix it.
Regards
JimG

106_0041_zpsiz1793kz.jpg
106_0042_zpsje5ufd7l.jpg

asoroka

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
No the Bios is first it then finds devices to boot an OS from.

So you tried holding the delete key down while you power on your system and it does not get you into BIOS.

What sort of keyboard do you have (USB).

Does your motherboard have an old style PS2 connector? i have known some motherboards to only work off PS2 keyboard in BIOS.

Regardless, if you have a linux boot disk (or windows) in the CDROM and it still cant boot, then you probably have a motherboard problem.
What motherboard do you have?

Solution
Dec 31, 2018
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-isb3 rev 6.0 is what I have and I am using a Lenovo USB. I am thinking I have an electrical issue as it appears my key board does not work yet I am typing on the keyboard in question. Two days back I was able to enter the BIOS and I tried to get the machine to boot from the CDROM and try like I might as soon as I accepted the CD ROM it would go back to LS120

Dec 31, 2018
I now can access the BIOS and I thank all of you that helped once I put all the info together ("well I love it when a plan comes together") Clint E
Thank you again and as my Hero Red Green say's " "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"