Cannot Factory Reset

MezzT

Reputable
Jul 6, 2014
Hello there, I have recently ran into some trouble...
My PC Wasn't running as well as it used to so I decided to try and just reset the whole thing using the windows 8 reset, restore or refresh. I have tried all three and they each fail and say something along the lines of "Could not reset, No changes were made" there is also a box below which says find a solution to this problem, i click it and nothing happens. I had windows 8 installed with the laptop and I had a CD But am not sure if it was the reset CD or where it is. Could someone please help me in resolving this issue without using the CD. Thank you in advance

Also I do not have any restore points from before the problems.

MezzT

Reputable
Jul 6, 2014
I have absolutely no idea as to what has gone wrong with my laptop, recently i had to manually fix my firewall and windows update as something turned them off and stopped them from working, also my fps in games has also dropped a bit. There are no problems i can highlight alone just the laptop as a whole is not working too well, i really just want u have a fresh start with this laptop.

MezzT

Reputable
Jul 6, 2014
I use Norton Utilities, i also have Malwarebites Anti malware installed, I have run scans which have uncovered viruses but non to do with my issue.
I am beginning to think that maybe some of my registry files are missing/corrupted or those imaging files.
How can I test this?