Cannot Find Universal Serial Bus Controller Driver

Kallakix2015

Honorable
May 18, 2015
I re installed Windows 7 a few days ago. Everything was fine, I installed all the drivers, now I get an error message every time the PC boots up saying device not recognized. When I go into device manager it says the Universal serial bus controller doesn't have a driver. I've had this happen countless times on other PC's and had to spend a lot of time finding this driver.

I have not been able to find it this time, one of the reasons is that I don't know what the driver is related to. I installed the chipset, the usb drivers and everything else that was listed on the motherboard website. But it still has an error next to it.

My PC also froze yesterday while running a YouTube video. I had this issue a while ago, will that have been caused by the missing driver or something else? I read it might be caused by outdated audio drivers.

Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK

Kallakix2015

Honorable
May 18, 2015

Installing the program you linked now. Is this actually a free scanner that works? Or does it tell you what's wrong then tell make you set up a subscription plan?

Just updated the drivers using the program and restarted. The serial bus still has an error and says it doesn't have a driver installed. The program you linked updated some other drivers, but did not find that one.

techguy911

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007

It is free does not ask for sub only updates so many at a single time but gets all that you need.

Kallakix2015

Honorable
May 18, 2015
It looks like that last solution fixed it. The installation let me either repair or delete what ever was already installed. Can't restart the PC for a while because I have files copying. Hopefully it won't pop up with that error message afterwards.

Nov 20, 2018
They're usually the last half dozen or so entries in Control Panel>Device Manager.

If you're using Windows 10, to find Control Panel you need to press the Windows key and R together then in the Run box, type
control
and hit Enter. If you need to go there often, it's best to create a Desktop shortcut.