Question Cannot get a 1080 output on a Samsung S24D390hl

Dec 13, 2019
So i have had this issue previous with a Gtx 990 and have the same issues on a RTX 2070 super.
The monitor will only display a lower resolution even though in the menu it states 1920x1080 is optimum.
If i go into Pc display settings i only have two options which are both low resolution.

If i use Nvidia's software to manually create a resolution it throws the whole thing out of whack.

When i ran the gtx 990 if i used a vga cable it would display full 1080 but never through hdmi .

The 2070 only has hdmi / display port so vga is not possible but also shouldn't be needed.

Am i missing something obvious??

Thanks

Dec 13, 2019
Try another HDMI cable.
Also, try downloading the display drivers from Samsung website and update your monitor drivers.

I have tried a few different hdmi cables, also display port - hdmi adaptor with no luck .

Did not think of drivers for the monitors :unsure:
Will have a look for them.
Edit : no drivers available other then install drivers

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2019
I did see that however was daft in thinking it was not correct.
Have downloaded and installed.
Now on the Display ( right click display settings ) under color profile it now lists the monitir.
Hiwever the resolution is still limited to a choice of :
1024 x 768
800 x 600

If i right click in to Nvidia control panel

It states Digital display,

Under connector it is saying Dvi - Pc display ( should this not read hdmi? )

Resolution is :
1024x768 ( native)
800x600 .

If i use the customize option and create a 1920x1080 resolution the screen is very small but is very blurred....

Thanks

Dec 13, 2019
I actually think i have just solved it....
Under the customize setting in Nvidia there is a section for Timings...
It was set on Auto, but changing this to the differing options had different results.

When i set it to , i believe , Dm ? It accepted the resolution, scaled back and was clear.
So i would assume that was the issue the entire time

So i would guess th