[SOLVED] Cannot Get Display on Asus monitor, 144hz

Jan 17, 2021
Hello,
I am having trouble trying to connect to my monitor, it is an asus VG248 gaming monitor, I have a gaming pc just build that has both displayport and HDMI.
I cannot seem to get it to connect to the monitor, but can get it connected to a TV. Not sure what I have to do to enable integrated graphics on my processor.

I have:
ASUS STRIX ROG Z490-E gaming motherboard.
Intel i5 10400 core processor (has integrated graphics)
corsair vengeance RAM
no GPU (although i shouldn't need one if I am trying to get into integrated graphics through my processor)

I have tried everything from an hdmi cable switching them out, to a displayport cable, but to no avail I cannot get a display on my monitor.

Solution
Yes, I have tried both HDMI and display port, both are unsuccessful when it comes to viewing on monitor. although I do not know how it works on a tv, and not a monitor, that is why I am confused, I think I am going to resort to buying a graphics card to fix this problem.

And you are sure that the cable you are using is not directional? Sorry I'm not trying to sound repetitive just want a clear understanding of the issue. Its strange that your TV works but not two monitors.

Try booting into safe mode via your TV then swap the cables to your monitor and see if that works.
Jan 17, 2021
If it works on your TV then its not an issue with the integrated graphics.

Are you positive the monitor actually works?

On the monitor's OSD menu make sure the correct "Input" is selected, it could be set to DVI port.
It is not on DVI and the displayport nor the HDMI cable will bring it up on my monitor.

This is the second time that I have tried this with a different monitor, kind of frustrating, I even brought it in to see if they could fine the problem but they found nothing.

It is not on DVI and the displayport nor the HDMI cable will bring it up on my monitor.

This is the second time that I have tried this with a different monitor, kind of frustrating, I even brought it in to see if they could fine the problem but they found nothing.

So when you plug your PC into it via HDMI the monitor has the HDMI input selected and it still doesnt work?

One other thing, some HDMI and Display port cables are directional and you need to make sure the data is "flowing" in the right direction

Jan 17, 2021
So when you plug your PC into it via HDMI the monitor has the HDMI input selected and it still doesnt work?

One other thing, some HDMI and Display port cables are directional and you need to make sure the data is "flowing" in the right direction
Yes, I have tried both HDMI and display port, both are unsuccessful when it comes to viewing on monitor. although I do not know how it works on a tv, and not a monitor, that is why I am confused, I think I am going to resort to buying a graphics card to fix this problem.

And you are sure that the cable you are using is not directional? Sorry I'm not trying to sound repetitive just want a clear understanding of the issue. Its strange that your TV works but not two monitors.

Try booting into safe mode via your TV then swap the cables to your monitor and see if that works.

Solution