[SOLVED] Cannot get internet

Sep 25, 2020
My brothers computer was really weird and we didn’t wanna figure that out so we just took the hard drive out and put an ssd in. We got windows to work but then the Ethernet port wouldn’t work so I tried using a Netgear usb adapter. I installed the drivers and it wouldn’t detect the device and I did some googling and thought I needed a newer driver so I put the updated one on a usb and it wouldn’t detect the usb drive and found out I don’t even have the drivers for any usb so that’s why the internet adapter didn’t work in the first place.

So I think I either need to figure out what’s wrong with the Ethernet port or somehow install usb drivers without internet. What should I do? Hopefully that wasn't too confusing to read.

Solution
Get hold of a USB pen-drive and plug it in to another PC or laptop which has internet access.
Download chipset and LAN drivers for mobo from manufacturer's website and copy them to the pen-drive.
Plug-pen-drive in to your PC and install those drivers -- that should give you internet access on your PC.

You can then use your PC to download & install remaining drivers for the mobo.
Sep 25, 2020
Have you installed the Chipset and LAN drivers for your motherboard yet?
They are usually found in the Support area on the motherboard's page on the manufacturers website.

That would be the 1st step.

I haven’t installed anything yet because I can’t connect to the internet but my motherboard might have had a disc with drivers. If not maybe I could install the setup on a disc and put it in the computer. That’s the only way I’ve been able to install things so far.

Get hold of a USB pen-drive and plug it in to another PC or laptop which has internet access.
Download chipset and LAN drivers for mobo from manufacturer's website and copy them to the pen-drive.
Plug-pen-drive in to your PC and install those drivers -- that should give you internet access on your PC.

You can then use your PC to download & install remaining drivers for the mobo.

Solution