Status
Not open for further replies.

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
This is a bit of a strange situation, My PC specs are in signature,
Ryzen 7 2700 wt Wraith RGB cooler
GIGABYTE B450 AORUS PRO WIFI //
DEEPCOOL MATREXX 50 wt/ 5x CORSAIR iCUE SP140 RGB PRO + CORSAIR iCUE SP120 RGB PRO
MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Super Gaming X RGB 8GB @ 1800Mhz
XPG GAMMIX D10 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 @ 3200Mhz
CORSAIR AX850 PSU
HP S700 Pro 2.5" 512GB SATA III SSD // SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB Internal HDD

I had windows 11 running fine until the last update, (a few days ago) just the other day everything was fine, I shut down the PC but when I restarted the PC, I received a BSOD, I tried all I could think of to fix this issue with no success, So I attempted to reinstall windows, seemed the easy fix, however it failed to install stating secure boot was not present. At this time, I checked in the Bios and It does show the TMP as "enabled" however it also shows CSM enabled with storage boot as legacy. ( I had never changed any of these settings previously with any install.) I have read so many forms and many say to disable CSM and enable secure boot using "standard" settings. So, i thought if disable CSM and follow the steps to for secure boot settings I could reinstall windows as a UEIF rather than Legacy. however, every time I do this, the second it attempts to load I get a blank blue screen. I have seen some say that this issue is (or could be) related to the GPU, All my Drivers are up to date, I have the newest Bios that is applicable to me (there is one newer for Ryzen 5000/7000 chips) Checking system info it states that Bios is Legacy and Secure boot is "unsupported" which is expected in a Legacy Bios, I am just at a loss on how to fix this issue, as stated all was working perfect until I woke up, started the PC and received a blue screen, If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, That would be great, I apologize if this is solved on another post, I have read several (which is where i learned it could be the GPU causing it) however I do not have Intergrated graphics nor another card I can toss in, it seems when I disable CSM I am not able to enable it either, it says it is, I save and restart to see that it is once again disabled, I can do this a dozen times with no change, only way it seems I can get my bios back to "factory" is reinstalling the Bios, which I have had to do now several times, and every time it works and loads windows that is on the M.2. I hope someone knows the fix to this, it's pretty annoying knowing my PC was running windows 11 without issue and now It does not even allow me to install it due to the secure boot.
I have even attempted to change the drive patrician (as suggested) using MBR2GPT command as well as DiskPart neither fixed anything, same results, as soon as PC tries to start with the insulation USB it goes to a blank blue screen, I made the install USB using rufus as many suggested, but no change in results.

Last edited by a moderator:
First, update to the latest BIOS regardless that you think it doesn't include any changes that are relevant to your situation. What they list on the change log summary below each firmware revision is NOT a complete list of all changes made for any given revision, only the most major changes are listed and sometimes not even that honestly. Update.

Then, do a hard reset of the BIOS.

BIOS Hard Reset procedure

Power off the unit, switch the PSU off and unplug the PSU cord from either the wall or the power supply.

Remove the motherboard CMOS battery for about three to five minutes. In some cases it may be necessary to remove the graphics card to access the CMOS battery.

During that five minutes while the CMOS battery is out of the motherboard, press the power button on the case, continuously, for 15-30 seconds, in order to deplete any residual charge that might be present in the CMOS circuit. After the five minutes is up, reinstall the CMOS battery making sure to insert it with the correct side up just as it came out.

If you had to remove the graphics card you can now reinstall it, but remember to reconnect your power cables if there were any attached to it as well as your display cable.

Now, plug the power supply cable back in, switch the PSU back on and power up the system. It should display the POST screen and the options to enter CMOS/BIOS setup. Enter the bios setup program and reconfigure the boot settings for either the Windows boot manager or for legacy systems, the drive your OS is installed on if necessary.

Save settings and exit. If the system will POST and boot then you can move forward from there including going back into the bios, loading the "Optimal default" settings and then configuring any other custom settings you may need to configure such as Memory XMP, A-XMP or D.O.C.P profile settings, custom fan profile settings, UEFI, secure boot, disable CSM, assign "Windows boot manager" as the primary boot device or other specific settings you may have previously had configured that were wiped out by resetting the CMOS.

Also, and this is rather important, when you do all this make sure you have NO other drives connected except the drive you intend to install Windows on. And when you, if, you get to the point where you can begin installing Windows, make SURE there are STILL no other drives connected except the drive Windows is going on and the drive you are installing it from. Other drives can be reconnected later after Windows installation is done.

I don't see any legacy hardware listed in your specs, so CSM should not be necessary for anything you have listed there.

How old is that AX power supply?

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
power supply is about 2 years old. I have done what you had suggested previously, and it did not work, I can change all the settings and save them, but the second the PC comes back on, with the windows USB ( so pretty much as the machine turns on) I get a blank blue screen, at which time the system hangs for a minute or two, then restarts back into the Bios, I wonder if it has to do with the WD_Black SN750 1TB NVMe Internal Gaming SSD - Gen3 PCIe, which I am trying to install on. the things I have attempted were, hard reset (same way you had suggested) I updated the Bios to a newer version (not the newest but again this was all working fine 4 days ago) I had read the drive needed to be put into a GPT format so I followed the instructions on using mrb2gpt, and was able to convert the drive, I did the "clean" drive at the command prompt but none of it seems to have worked. I do not recall having to touch anything in my Bios when installing Windows 10 or 11 previously and have re-installed both successfully several times on this machine, I went to bed the other night Pc was working fine, when I woke up it wouldn't load giving a blue screen error, restarting the PC did not fix it, so I then thought, Good Old windows messed something up ( I had updated a day or so prior) so I attempted to reinstall windows 11, install did not even start with windows 11, it was stating my machine was not compatible, at which time I downloaded and installed windows 10, which did install but I noticed in legacy Bios and not UEFI, and no matter what I try it simply goes to this blank blue screen seconds after starting, I will update the bios to the latest one and do a hard reset again, just to rule anything out, Currently my PC is working however running windows 10, and none of the drives are GPT and bios in system info is listed as legacy with no Secure boot support, (which I know is wrong)

power supply is about 2 years old. I have done what you had suggested previously, and it did not work, I can change all the settings and save them, but the second the PC comes back on, with the windows USB ( so pretty much as the machine turns on) I get a blank blue screen, at which time the system hangs for a minute or two, then restarts back into the Bios, I wonder if it has to do with the WD_Black SN750 1TB NVMe Internal Gaming SSD - Gen3 PCIe, which I am trying to install on. the things I have attempted were, hard reset (same way you had suggested) I updated the Bios to a newer version (not the newest but again this was all working fine 4 days ago) I had read the drive needed to be put into a GPT format so I followed the instructions on using mrb2gpt, and was able to convert the drive, I did the "clean" drive at the command prompt but none of it seems to have worked. I do not recall having to touch anything in my Bios when installing Windows 10 or 11 previously and have re-installed both successfully several times on this machine, I went to bed the other night Pc was working fine, when I woke up it wouldn't load giving a blue screen error, restarting the PC did not fix it, so I then thought, Good Old windows messed something up ( I had updated a day or so prior) so I attempted to reinstall windows 11, install did not even start with windows 11, it was stating my machine was not compatible, at which time I downloaded and installed windows 10, which did install but I noticed in legacy Bios and not UEFI, and no matter what I try it simply goes to this blank blue screen seconds after starting, I will update the bios to the latest one and do a hard reset again, just to rule anything out, Currently my PC is working however running windows 10, and none of the drives are GPT and bios in system info is listed as legacy with no Secure boot support, (which I know is wrong)
Perhaps you could consider preparing the drive for installation by using a non-windows drive utility like Gparted or Partition Magic. You could prepare and boot from a usb containing Gparted, install the necessary GPT identifier and use Gparted to clean the drive so that all of the space is unallocated. This allows the installation to proceed easiest and quickest since there's nothing to clean during the installation process. Also note that the installer prefers that only the 1 target installation drive be connect at installation time; other drives can be reconnected when installation is complete. (This is my polite way of saying that Windows doesn't really work that well when it come to disk management and preparation).

Reactions: Gfost73

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
I will try Gparted, and see how it goes, I updated the Bios to the newest version, and I think it did something only because as I had mentioned when I disabled CSM and attempted to reboot, it did loop back to the Bios and listed a UEIF install, but did not show any other drives, so I half figured I would have to reset the Bios again as in the past it did not seem to want to stay enabled once disabled and the only fix was either re-flashing or reset , however this time it did turn back on without issue, it seemed the Bios update took a tad longer than the others as well, so at least that is a plus, I wonder if my drives would be seen from that point though or i running the install again would work, I was just leery of spending another half dozen hours fighting with it, so never attempted the reinstall yet. I really would be shocked if the update "fixed" it but knowing computers for as long as I have, nothing would surprise me, I do also always unplug all my other drives when installing windows, mainly as I have often by mistake installed over drives that had things on it I wanted to keep, nothing important mind you but still a bummer, so I do disconnect them all , then plug them back into the same ports once windows is up and running =)

Perhaps you could consider preparing the drive for installation by using a non-windows drive utility like Gparted or Partition Magic. You could prepare and boot from a usb containing Gparted, install the necessary GPT identifier and use Gparted to clean the drive so that all of the space is unallocated. This allows the installation to proceed easiest and quickest since there's nothing to clean during the installation process. Also note that the installer prefers that only the 1 target installation drive be connect at installation time; other drives can be reconnected when installation is complete. (This is my polite way of saying that Windows doesn't really work that well when it come to disk management and preparation).
There is nothing wrong with this as a plan. But, if things don't work out, let's go a little further.

Rendarius

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2013
I have been dealing with a similar issue but with an Intel chip. I have been through all you have done, and are now doing and it will get you no where in the long run except back to square one.
You are oing to have to delete your Boot entries. Or at least the trouble-causing one.
Hopefully you have install media on disk, or USB still.

I would uggest removing boots for whatever is stored on your UEFI mobo entries. AND others.-possibly...
Start with just the one stored in the UEFI, and then try others 1 at a time if not wanting to just remove them all.
1st see if removale of the UEFI entries will get you past your problems of Secure Boot, etc.. and loading Windows - or to reinstall.
I wiould also suggest to also clear the CMOS and reflash your bios.
But 1st see how removing the boot entries works out for you.

Unfortunately because I am also in the middle f this and have other issues Im dealing with, - Im not sure what order to suggest to you. I am currently on a smartTV waiting for my cmos before I move on. But honestly I am pretty confident this should help get you on track and at least give you more ability to move forward with any potential other related factors involved with your problem(s)
GL

Rendarius

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2013
...just noticed you had made some progress prior to posting. Apologies, - my bad. The boot suggestion I mention should and would help get you back more control over getting the UEFI-bios to set properly in terms of CSM and keep you in UEFI mode and use Secure Boot, - but by the sound of things, - you are already moving forward and may be able to do so now already if and hen you ecide to try again.
Flashing out the bad UEFI entries and settings more than likely did enough for you to move forward, BUT I DO suggest you get rid of that OLD UEFI entry if its still there as Flashing hasnt removed it for me, - and it needed o be removed by removing t from Bootloader.
Otherwise youre likely to have this re-establish itself on you at some point if your UEFI doesnt keep and hold that CSM in disabled mode.

Wish you all the bestand glad to see some good happening at least.

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
I have been dealing with a similar issue but with an Intel chip. I have been through all you have done, and are now doing and it will get you no where in the long run except back to square one.
You are oing to have to delete your Boot entries. Or at least the trouble-causing one.
Hopefully you have install media on disk, or USB still.

I would uggest removing boots for whatever is stored on your UEFI mobo entries. AND others.-possibly...
Start with just the one stored in the UEFI, and then try others 1 at a time if not wanting to just remove them all.
1st see if removale of the UEFI entries will get you past your problems of Secure Boot, etc.. and loading Windows - or to reinstall.
I wiould also suggest to also clear the CMOS and reflash your bios.
But 1st see how removing the boot entries works out for you.

Unfortunately because I am also in the middle f this and have other issues Im dealing with, - Im not sure what order to suggest to you. I am currently on a smartTV waiting for my cmos before I move on. But honestly I am pretty confident this should help get you on track and at least give you more ability to move forward with any potential other related factors involved with your problem(s)
GL
could you please explain how to do this? Thus far I have tried all suggested and still can only install windows in legacy mode, if I shut off CSM, or just change settings to only allow UEFI as soon as it attempts to load, I am met with a blank blue screen. I have tried Rufus, same results. I can change the drive to the GPT with success, can do the clean etc. however no matter what I have tried it is same results. unless I leave CSM on and default ( my bios default settings is storage boot is legacy and PCI something is UEFI) I never had to fiddle with anything last time I did install windows 11 or 10 the only thing I knew I had to do for windows 11 was update the bios to the one that enabled the Ftpm on the board, which is enabled according to the bios. I am at a loss on this one, I thought it was the flash drive, so changed it, same result, then thought maybe it was the NVMe as it seemed to stall after restarting initial install, forcing me to restart , then that of course made me re-do the whole install due to being shut off, so I switched to the SSD I have and know it works, same results. it is as if the second UEIF attempts to install I get that lovely blue screen with no error no nothing, and it will sit there forever it seems as I have waited, and it has never forced a restart on the machine unlike a proper error after sitting a few minutes shuts down the machine , I have re-flashed the Bios more times in the last few days than most ever do in their lives, Using any tools like Gparted and Rufus did nothing ( they did 'work" as they are intended to, but did not resolve any issue)

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
Tried all suggested and still no luck, I went as far as swapping drives even, but still windows will not install in UEIF, If I disable CSM (or just change storage boot to UEIF) the second machine restarts to go into the install, I get a blank blue screen, which sits forever it seems (normal errors restart the machine after a couple min sitting, this screen does not) Rufus and Gparted did work to do what they were intended to do, I was able to convert the drive without issue, and made a UEIF install disk, but same results, a lovely blank blue screen. Only way I am able to get windows to install is in legacy mode which then the install works flawless (well as flawless as Windows can be) at a loss on this one, I have never had to fiddle with Bios settings in the past, the only thing I needed to do for windows 11 was update the Bios to include the patch for the Ftmp which is enabled still. so I am at a loss here..

Rendarius

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2013
Sure. Just give me a minute to think through best way to get you to do this.
Meanwhile I would backup and save any files you want, - if any... andalso your boot folders just in case.

Also what install media are you using? Is it Online Media creation ? Just Rufus ? Or consumer type disk/usb available ? Any old recovery disks made recently ?

Please backup your boot folders of your windows, ( actual installed version you can get into and use ) - although we may not touch them...
And give me a few minutes to think the best way to advise you, - and for e to re-read through your replies again to make sure I have the details I need and think I have read and understood from your posts.

The good news is that I have had that same problem and difficulties trying to figure out what exactly was going on. My other issues distracted and led me elsewhere, - but the actions I took yesterday did finally fix that annoyance. So hopefully well get you fixed in a moment.

Also, - You want and plan to do a fresh install ? The Win 11 method and with Secure Boot and TPM correct? but all you need is to get those things to Reset, - SET, - and HOLD their settings properly after reboot - ... and also to be able to get Win 11 install as well correct ? - I will re-read now, and respond shortly.

Other good news is it shouldnt be much time or work, if its just the 1 thing I am thinking it will be for you. But other hings MAY also need to be done down the road, - ( same for myself ) depending on other factors... Some I have yet to fully discover yet unfortunately.

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
I have been using the downloaded media creation tool mainly as it has always worked, I did try Rufus but where it was locked in UEIF it just went to that light blue screen. The disk was clean before install so nothing but windows on it. my main goal is to install windows 11 in UEIF, I do not mind doing a clean install and can download creation tool, I had it on a UBS but when it wasn't working, I went back to windows 10, to back up my boot folder do I simply copy/paste on say a flash drive? I will have to figure out where that folder is. I cannot install windows 11 though until system recognizes
the secure boot and it gets past that light blue screen

Rendarius

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2013
Ok, - I guess 1 st lets see whats up....
Can you please try o open up a command prompt in Admin mode ?
And from there just type in bcdedit /v - or better yet - bcdedit /enum firmware - and let me know if it works or ot for you or not. Then we can go from here with backup, after I find out if you need to go a different route than thought.

Rendarius

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2013
- ugh srry... I wish I had my cpu open o quickly edit that... May need to be in root directory of C or try X as well and let me know f those open anything with the use of the bcdedit command. SO SORRY for he mistake Ill be more precise and slow.. I figured youre pretty well knowledged that youd likely know this, - but I shouldnt assume. Funny I dont even remeber if I needed to be in root... system32 should be fine since its likely located there anyways.. but I dont now prompt and dos like I used to....

Rendarius

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2013
I will reinstall y OS and deal ith my issue at a later date, - so I can access and be ble o be accurate and test a few things I am unsure about moving forward, - depending n your next reply...

Btw, - I suspect your blue sceen hang is likely similar to how I get stuck after entering my Consumer bought Win11 USB when trying to install. - except I get a message saying I dont meet the equirements. And I was going hrough he same BS as you have been. You being on AMD Im assuming you just get a blank Blue Screen. because we both have been having our boot, - or boot application linked to boot , - or a boot being created at each load/start etc.. We ill in the very least sever that problem, - but there could be further work to be done foru both and likely different after that. But if your reply confrims you can ccess your boot files, - and its not corruption, - should be a quick fix.
Also I have a link for corruption fixing for you too if need be. But since youre ot getting any message with at Blue Screen, - Im pretty sure its ot corrupt. But I could e wrong

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
I ran that command and shows windows boot manager, under is says Identifier {bootmgr}
Device partition C
description Windows boot manager
Locale en-us
inherit {global settings}
default {current}
resumeobject (bunch of numbers and letters lol)
Displayorder {current}
tooldisplayorder {memdiag}
timeout 30

Rendarius

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2013
ok. = )

If you dont care about files or backing anything up, - and since I assume youre fine with "clean all" to clean info for your storage drive, - and reformatting your drive and partitions, - and since you also said you have media creation tool media or installation and also Rufus to use to install with. - As long as you have those both with windows 11, - if possible JUST to be safe and so you can still get into Windows10 if this fails... make sure you have an install media on another usb with Windows 10 on it.
(srry ... I see if I type too fast this TV cant keep pace and drops letters at times Trying to fix those now if I notice them)

If you have install media for 10 and 11, - And dont care about backups of anything, -I guess boot backup not needed, - but if you want to SEE and locate them youll have to change folder options too see hidden and system folders etc if looking through OS, ( System32/EFI/Boot etc...) There are other possible locations as well depending on some factors..- otherwise Im sure they could be backedup through prompt and actually PROBABLY do so automatically if changes are made as will be done... I just have to lookup the info. - That said... Im not so sure about the UEFI actions youre going to do being backed-up, - only OS installed, or previous installs. - Those we arent going to touch I dont hink. Im hoping it wont be needed. ...shouldnt be needed.

So if no concerns - And youre good with this info. Ill post e steps in next post. I just want o be sure Im clear and no misunderstandings in case of any problems. Even though it appears there is little concern or reason to be as clear in explanation about such things considering the situatuion and what I know youve already said. And data and files arent anything o have to worry about in this case really, - compared to how it could be.

**If, - and once you have an install option for all 3, -
NOTE- and hopefully not messed up from certain other factors related to Microsoft services, and "things" ... Also Id advise to search for a different site to get that Windows 10 and 11 ISO to use to make your media installation... - Sry I dont remeber the site, - its a Microsoft site but think its Tech something, - I SOO wish I had time to do my cpu to be able to access and do certain things... basically the usual media creation tool site seems to be a potential problem issue depending on certain conditions and problems people could xperience that would link and tie into server, cloud, and your data... recovery, etc.. and have you given a download package that could wind up being a re-occurring problem if the data they have stored is messed up in some way... IE - I was geting media at 4.4 GB vs 5.5 GB at the other Microsoft site..
( - might just be my own problems and paranoia but... figured it best o mention than not.... Regardless of if youd already know if this worked and you have your Secure Boot UEFI problem fixed and solved or not.... because using thatpotential "bad" media could and would possibly ust re-create the same issue all over for all I now at this point... Not likely but...just a FYI I guess.. Sry I been having a hell of a time myself with my probs )

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
I am downloading a new copy of windows 11 now from the tech Microsoft page, I just wanted to make sure the links or the download were indeed different, and they were so maybe this version will work. I was wondering if I ran the setup from the PC through windows (launch the install) and installed it on my NVMe which is installed but I formatted (full format not the "quick") but I dont know if that would work either where it seems to be something with the booting

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
and no concerns for data loss, all my data is on separate drives that are unplugged at the moment and safe, the only two i have plugged in is one SSD and the NVMe, Ideally I would like the NVMe as the windows drive, but after installing it was locking up and forcing me to restart making the insulation fail, I have ran tests on the drive and it states there is no issues with 99% life left, it does show in Bios under the NVMe settings and It past all tests there as well. So maybe it was a bad file on the download from MS, I will see soon once this finished downloading

Rendarius

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2013
To backup - bcdedit /export C:\bcdbackup

in Command Prompt type

bcdedit /enum firmware
- Take a ook at listed entries ( can also do bcdedit /v and take note of names and listings...

Type
bcdedit /enum all

- Again take a look and see changes... not too important unless things eed to go further perhaps later.. .. But take NOTE of the firmware entries which are 3 lines of info or so..
NOTE the Identifier number(s) ... ?? Of those entries.. You may have 2... or maybe just the one... Or possibly more ??
I suggest deleting them all... One is , - andpossibly more han 1 is tied into your problem..
Write down the Identifier or COPY it to clipboard to add into the next command(s)..

Now type what is on next line below - ( without the 00000 ETC 0000 which is the ID # of course...)
bcdedit /delete { 00 0 0 00 0 ETC 0 0 0 0 0}

And delete each firmware entry off of your UEFI...

- Also you MAY want o consider going the full 9-yards as I did, - and also elete any recovery entries listed as well as any and all bootloaders themselves too Just copy and paste those Id's and Delete them as well....

I THINK it could be ok to do just the UEFI entry(ies) under "firmware", but the more I think and consider things I been through he loader and even recovery are suspect for their own reasons...

and because I have not gone further in terms of tracking exactly what and how things are actually "playing-out" and what is alling unction to and from what, and when tc.. I cant e sure of much specifically unfortunately.. Only know either boot is being created, which is possible but regardless, - it it is, - or isnt, - SOMETHING is calling some FUNCTION and ACTION which is what we are at least going to sever and stop by doing this. Based on how boot works with UEFI its a boot application Im thinking, - stored where and how... I dont know yet... lol
Interesting to hear about your DL ith Microsoft too... hmm maybe othing... likely their attempt to "HELP" us... smh.. damn microsoft sometimes...

After you do this stuff, - Id recommend cleaning and ormatting drive and partitions... And you should be good to go !!!

Then, - Im sure you know the drill.... lol - Delete Secure Boot keys if have any... I had a bunch of forbidden which was actually a 1st or me after going through this many times like you... and also Set to STANDARD instead of CUSTOM if you have that choice...( something I did ot do yet as I have been testing hings but I do see and now STANDARD is recommended over CUSTOM )

And Disable CSM of course... I have ability to Enable it AND set it in Enabled to Legacy or UEFI only modes + DO NOT LAUNCH - which I have been settting lately in Enabled ode but then without reset or anything, Ill put it to Disabled.. I eneable it simply o select Do Not launch option, and then10 seconds later switch back to Disabled.. just in case. I HOPE thats not what has changed hings for me, - and SHOULDNT be why. Based on other noticed differences in behaviour.. But it s still possible some Boot option seings may still need to be found and removed for us both... = ( Worst case..Hate even saying that... I do KNOW way did things I cant be expecting this next install to go smooth as my cleaned and formatted drive may bring about my probs again... based on how I id things.. But hat was my being too tired...and not doing things in better order.... Ill check back after I give my cpu a go now... Cmos been out long enough for many mobo setting clearings.. and flashes.. - I have other issues needing this. You dont have Intel, - so assume you would not. Also think its not related to same thing GL If doesnt go well.. look more into BCD and Boot info. You may be able to help me and yourself if Im wrong on this part... I may have rare infection even I was thinking 2 months ago... such a pain this has been.

Any Qs or help needed, - Ill be checking in when can = )

Rendarius

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2013
Did you Clean all and format a volume for the WHOLE disk space of the NVME ? Maybe a vuirus or something got on there. And a Clean ll and format of only partial area of he rive could still leave it around and on there. Youd need to format the whole drive to be sure. But even then Im not 100% sure how good some of these things and methods are these days. But thats the best option if one was to try to. = )

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
I have followed the instructions and while looking at the firmware I did notice one that was I believe the issue (have not tested yet though) its path was the same error I was getting when i did get an error which was the winload.exe (I believe). I am going to attempt to install and I will let you know of results,

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
Well, sadly same results. I tried to install windows 11 in UEIF and windows 10 , neither would install, windows 10 installed in legacy without issue, I am almost wondering if this is not some hardware issue at this point in time, I have never in all my years with computers have had any issues like this, at worse back in the day you would be hunting around for drivers for some device, but never has an install failed, and I even tried different drives I have windows 10 now on the NVMe so I know it's not the drive ( it was installed on the SSD previously) I cleared all the keys and then reset to factory which added the keys back, but then I clicked on the reset startup and it cleared the keys again, I then set it to standard, but no matter what it simply goes to that light blue screen, worse is when I first installed windows 11 I had to do none of this, I wonder if I should reflash the bios that was provided by Gigabyte regarding the TMP being enabled, or maybe one before that one , then the one for TPM, because that is all I had to do to have windows 11 originally.. guess Im at a standstill because I have zero clue what more I could even do as time after time everything fails to work

Status
Not open for further replies.