Cannot initialize "unknown" and "not initialized" disk due to fatal device hardware error

May 18, 2018
Im using 1 year old seagate 2 TB Backup Plus Portable Drive( STDR2000300 ) and windows 7 laptop.

I was Copying files from laptop to hard disk and it got stuck, so i tried reconnecting the hard disk.
Yet again copying files failed and after reconnecting for several times, my hard disk became "Unknown" & "Not Initialized" disk.

I followed these steps to access the hard disk
1. Update driver
2. Uninstall and install driver

After unsuccessful attempts to access hard disk,
3. I tried Windows Disk Management -> right-click on the "Unknown" & "Not Initialized" disk -> initialize -> chose a partition style (MBR)->"OK".

Now I'm getting the error "the request failed due to fatal device hardware error" while initializing disk.
5.jpg

I'm not able to figure out a solution.
Any help would be appreciated.(Im ok with data loss if no other option)

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Then consider the drive to be faulty - - some communication error. It could be the actual drive that's faulty or just the Seagate enclosure (more common).

I've never had any success doing this myself, but you could try a third-party enclosure to replace the Seagate one (bear in mind doing so will invalidate Seagate warranty) or contact Seagate about the faulty drive.

That's all I can bring to this party so good luck whatever you decide to do.
May 18, 2018
Hi Phillip thanks for your quick response.
As you suggested i downloaded seatools for windows,it did not list my hard disk in available drives. (Even after many rescans in the tool)

Then consider the drive to be faulty - - some communication error. It could be the actual drive that's faulty or just the Seagate enclosure (more common).

I've never had any success doing this myself, but you could try a third-party enclosure to replace the Seagate one (bear in mind doing so will invalidate Seagate warranty) or contact Seagate about the faulty drive.

That's all I can bring to this party so good luck whatever you decide to do.

Solution
May 18, 2018
No one make the mistake as i did by connecting your hard disk to a laptop without antivirus.
Fortunately i had warranty, so I've contacted seagate and ordered replacement as i couldn't fix the faulty drive by myself.