Cannot install retail windows from boot usb

kristodian

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017
Hey guys! Ive built a monster computer yesterday, (parts below), Have been trying to install windows for two days straight , with only encountering more problems.
Here is what I did

Started installing Windows 10 64bit version on my 960 Evo Samsung SSD 500g
Received and error saying "Windows cannot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure that all files required for installation are available and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070570
Restarted and tried to Install again, Noticed that at the first time I had my 0 disk (my 60 Evo Samsung SSD 500g) and disk 1 (my Western Digital HDD 4T Black), and this second time I had disk 0 (SSD), disc 1 (part of an SSD As ive understood, it said that it was recovery or something) , disk 2 (SSD again it said something like SYSTEM but had not more that 90 mb) , and only then if I remember correct disk 3 which was my HDD
Tried to install on SSD again , got the same error.
Restarted and tried to install again for the third time to SSD, again saw the disk split, but couldnt press "next" to begin installation , Saw a yellow triangle below the window which said "Windows cant be installed on drive 0 partition 1 (show details)" - after pressing , pop up said "Windows cannot be installed to the disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style. Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space. The partition is a Microsoft Recovery Partition"
Tried to restart and install windows to my HDD, received the same error as in my first step
Cried alot

My system is brand new, here are the part list:
Intel 8700k
Asus Z370 Gaming F
Phanteks Dual Thermal Twin Tower (same as noctua d15, but the color suit better)
Corsair LPX 3000hz 2x8 RAM
MSI 1080ti Gaming X
Corsair 750 RMx Gold
Corsair 740 Air
Samsung 960 Evo 500GB
Western Digital Black 4TB
and of course my troubled Windows 10 Retail Home English 64bit

Please help

Solution
when you install windows, don't have any other drives attached except the drive you want to install on. Also, pick advanced install and delete the partitions if any off the primary disk you are installing to.

It should go smoothly.

Mark RM

Admirable
when you install windows, don't have any other drives attached except the drive you want to install on. Also, pick advanced install and delete the partitions if any off the primary disk you are installing to.

It should go smoothly.

Solution

kristodian

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017

I should try desconecting the HDD, I havent tried that. Can I just pull the sata cable out without moving it too much?
I think I've tried to format those slit parts of the SSD while nothing changed, Should I just press the red cross and delete? It wont ruin the SSD or something ( sorry im too scared to brake something , Ive been saving for this computer 2 years )

Unplug the 4tb. Reconnect it after. Make sure UEFI, AHCI, and secureboot are enabled

Did you boot from the dvd not try to install it in windows?
I purchased a USB windows because I dont have DVD ROM
What Is secureboot and how can I turn it on ?

Also run MEMTEST86 for a few hours to be sure your RAM and motherboard are stable.
Can I run it from the BIOS? Its a fresh install remember? I thought I didnt see any option called MEMTEST86 on there
Do I launch it from the Windows USB somehow?

kristodian

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017

I am at work now so I will be able to try all the recomended things only after I finish my shift in the morning.
Can I ask if you are familliar with the issue or you are just guessing?
And what do you think about other answers?

Mark RM

Admirable

I install windows about 400 times a year. That's not including re-images.

The other answers make good points, I just want to get your windows installed and get you on to the next problem.

kristodian

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017

Great, I will do the things you say first thing in the morning when I come home.
One more thing to get me ready.
Do I need to somehow return my SSD back to blank state? When it was not partitioned yet before the first attempt? Im afraid I will just get the "Windows cannot be installed to the disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style. Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space. The partition is a Microsoft Recovery Partition" problem again
Or I can just choose the SSD and It will be fine if I just disconect the HDD?

kristodian

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017

I tried disconnecting HDD - It didnt work
I tried removing 1 ram stick - It didnt work
I tried to download and ISO and put it on a USB stick - It DID work! Woohoo! Happy me!
Thank you for your time and answers!