Cannot Install Windows on Optiplex 3040 Micro

G

I'm having an extremely difficult time getting anything to work on this machine. I have installed the USB 3.0 drivers from Dell's website, which disabled all of my USB ports regardless of what I have tried to reset. It's a known issue. So now I am trying to reinstall Windows 7 Pro x64 and am getting the infamous "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing" error when I click install. There is a KB article on Dell's website describing how I can use the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Enterprise driver and Management Console driver to get around this, and I have extracted the contents of the archive to a folder on a thumb drive. But I don't see the thumb drive in my list of devices when I browse for drivers, as the inf driver is not showing in the driver list. I have also tried moving the iaAHCIC.inf and iaStorAV.inf folders to the root of the flash drive, as well as dropping them on the root of the USB drive I'm using to set up Windows. None of this is working, and Dell's instructions to refer to C:\dell\drivers\HXT48\Drivers\win7\AHCI\x64 are not clear. Following this article:

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/SLN234568

I need to get this working asap for a customer. I honestly have no clue how to proceed.