Cannot locate folder after installation. WHY?

MaPrindGreu

Reputable
Dec 7, 2014
I wanted to install Dead State (pc game), CODEX version, but after installing it, I cannot find the game folder...anywhere on the computer. Ccleaner and Add or Remove Programs tells me the same thing: the game is not installed, BUT in the installation option (see photo) it shows like the folder is there and (i presume) the game is installed. The "show all hidden files" option is on (modified also in regedit) so that's not a problem and I do have enough space on my HDD. What is wrong? I can live without playing the game, but if I could find out something about this problem, it would help me a lot, in the future, if I'll ever be stuck on the same problem. I hope someone can give me an answer. Thank you and...thank you.
Update 1: In this photo http://imgur.com/zZ7HQkL,sOx5mL8#1 you can see that the game is already there (the game folder) so it exists in the computer. .My D is my other partition (I have C and D). I tried to install it on C also, but same result. The problem is this: after selecting where I would like to install the game, it continues like a normal install till the end, (no error no nothing) but after the setup closes, there is no game folder in the specified directory.
Update 2: Ok. So it is not an isolated case. I just installed Craft The World (TiNYiSO version) and the same thing happened: when I choose where to install, it shows that the folder is there, but I still can't see it in My Computer.
------Update 3: I just installed qBittorrent and the same thing happened.------
------Update 4: I just clicked like nothing matters and qBittorrent was installed and I can see the folder in C/Program Files, BUT the problem is still here. This time I just chose not to change ANY of the installation options (like where to install it or other features). Unfortunately, I cannot install everything on my C so the problem is still here.

Laptop specs:
HP 6730s
Windows 7, 32bit
2 Gb RAM

MaPrindGreu

Reputable
Dec 7, 2014
Ok. I think I found the problem. I have a hidden folder named VTRoot in which everything I want to install, anywhere on the computer, goes there, So now, the problem is: how do I change this setting?

ps: in this VTRoot folder there are two more folders named "HarddiskVolume2" and "HarddiskVolume3"

DeaDshOt09

Reputable
Feb 2, 2015
Hey Guys ,
i just got pissed off from the same problem but then i got the solution ...
we just have to do : task manager > Processes > click on "show processes from all users" > end all the processes from comodo internet security
and my advise to you is to uninstall Comodo Internet Security

Dustmoss

Reputable
Feb 24, 2015

Ive got the same problem.
I have uninstalled comodo but i'm not sure how this fixes the issue?

can you be more specific please. i still have the vtroot folder and i dont know if it is still storing stuff there

razorcool

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2015
i had the same problem and yes commodo was installed too sooo just close the sand box and everything will be fine like it was go to commodo menu find the sand box and disable it

Mohan_19

Commendable
Oct 18, 2016
really commmodo is the b****.i installed rise of tomb raider on my lap and after installing was not able to find the folder but the setup was completed...It really freaked me out .will try uninstalling comoodo