Question Cannot obtain Wi-Fi connection (the best one) to Wi-Fi camera

Aug 6, 2024
Hello to you guys. Am new here under Tom's HW, but have been in the game since the 1990s.

Despite a long journey time, things and issues appear that you can't quite understand. The problem is; A TP-link (TAPO) C310 is redirected to the wi-fi router in the home (is also the ISP router with DHCP), instead of choosing an AP that has a wired connection to the DHCP router. The purpose of this AP as the connection point is to try to create a better signal/noise ratio, or if you want to achieve a better signal strength ratio than what is the case today. This means that the AP unit, a TP-Link C50 is half the distance to the Wi-Fi camera compared to the ISP DHCP router, in addition to the fact that the AP point has fewer walls to the Wi-Fi C310 camera.

I have now reset the TP-Link 1200 series, model C50 to factory settings, Removed the DHCP function that is set to the AP. Removed Smart DHCP and set static address because ISP DHCP is set to give a fixed IP address associated with this router's MAC address. Under settings for Wi-Fi devices in the C50, I allowed the IP camera's MAC address to be automatically approved by the C50 AP device. I cannot manage the task where the C310 goes through the C50 AP, where the camera always/constantly goes to the ISP DGCP router. What am I doing wrong/inappropriate to succeed in the C310 connecting to the C50 device?

Equipment overview:
My PC is built myself, MoBo ASRock, TRX40 Taichi
CPU Name AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X 24-Core Processor
Memory Type DDR4-Installed Memory 64 GB
DHCP routes through fiber cable 500/500 Zycell
DHCP routers: Zyxel EX5700-T0
Network adapter 1:
Realtek USB FE Family Controller, wired, active
Network adapter 2:
Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz Brand and model of USB / PCI-E / motherboard Wifi Adapter
Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network), Manufacturer Microsoft, DescriptionBluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
ISP: Telenor, fiber 500/500
Total connected devices to DHCP routers, both wireless and wired: 25 devices

lantis3

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2015
So it's

now Zyxel EX5700-T0 =====TPLINK C50

and Zyxel EX5700-T0 ----- TPLINK C310 ?

===== ethernet , ----- wireless

Zyxel EX5700-T0 and TPLINK C50 should use different SSID.

And uplink C50 to Zyxel EX5700-T0 using LAN port, not C50's WAN port

Last edited: