[SOLVED] Cannot open ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vuk_5002

Prominent
Feb 28, 2022
Hello I have a ZTE router and when I try to open port 25565 (for Minecraft) it works and when I try to see if the port is open (https://portchecker.co/check) it says its closed
I tried:
  • Allowing 25565 in Windows firewall
  • Restarting the router
  • Turning off firewall on Windows
  • Turning off firewall on router

Router model: ZXHN H298Q V7.0
Static IP begins with 192
Public IP begins with 109

Any help?
Thanks.

kanewolf

Titan
Hello I have a ZTE router and when I try to open port 25565 (for Minecraft) it works and when I try to see if the port is open (https://portchecker.co/check) it says its closed
I tried:
  • Allowing 25565 in Windows firewall
  • Restarting the router
  • Turning off firewall on Windows
  • Turning off firewall on router
Router model: ZXHN H298Q V7.0
Static IP begins with 192
Public IP begins with 109

Any help?
Thanks.
Do you have the minecraft server running when you are running portchecker ?
Can you access the minecraft server from another PC on the LAN ?

I can not find the manual for your device and a lot of what I find is not in english. From some images I found there should be a screen called "status" that you can find the wan ip assigned to your router. Hard to say it appears there are many devices with the model number with custom firmware from various ISP.

Really you only have 3 things that can make this not work.

1. The server is not actually running on the ports you think it is or is blocking the traffic.
  2. The port forwarding is not right.
  3. You do not have a public IP.

So #1 is not likely since you say it works from another device on your lan. #2 looks fine to me but port forwarding is very different from router to router. If you have a DMZ option you can use that to test, it tends to be a simpler config.

#3 tends to be the most common when you have spent time checking for other issues. In your case I am not sure again because there are many devices with that part number. I think you have a DSL connection. Most DSL connections have a public IP assigned directly. This though varies a lot from country to country so you need to check.

Vuk_5002

Prominent
Feb 28, 2022
I can not find the manual for your device and a lot of what I find is not in english. From some images I found there should be a screen called "status" that you can find the wan ip assigned to your router. Hard to say it appears there are many devices with the model number with custom firmware from various ISP.

Really you only have 3 things that can make this not work.

1. The server is not actually running on the ports you think it is or is blocking the traffic.
  2. The port forwarding is not right.
  3. You do not have a public IP.
So #1 is not likely since you say it works from another device on your lan. #2 looks fine to me but port forwarding is very different from router to router. If you have a DMZ option you can use that to test, it tends to be a simpler config.

#3 tends to be the most common when you have spent time checking for other issues. In your case I am not sure again because there are many devices with that part number. I think you have a DSL connection. Most DSL connections have a public IP assigned directly. This though varies a lot from country to country so you need to check.
Well i also could not find a manual online, and that happened when I switched to another ISP and got a new router
#1 is not likely because I allowed ports in the firewall and tested it
#2 well Minecraft port is 25565 and my ipv4 is the same and in server.properties as server IP I put my ipv4 so that's working
#3 checked I have a public IP
And I cannot ping my public IP

Vuk_5002

Prominent
Feb 28, 2022
That would not be uncommon. Your router likely is configured to not respond to ping commands. Since you did not forward ping to your server the server can not respond....ping is tricky to forward even if you want to it is ICMP which is not tcp or ucp.
Well whats the problem with portforwarding? Plus I don't know if my ISP is using NAT

kanewolf

Titan
Well whats the problem with portforwarding? Plus I don't know if my ISP is using NAT
This may not be exactly your router, but it should be close --
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9M2K_egkk0
At 1:25 of the video they show an "Internet" tab with an "ethernet connection status" which shows the WAN IP address (10.0.0.222 in the video) . Does this value in your router display match the IP you get from whatsmyip ?

Vuk_5002

Prominent
Feb 28, 2022
This may not be exactly your router, but it should be close --
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9M2K_egkk0
At 1:25 of the video they show an "Internet" tab with an "ethernet connection status" which shows the WAN IP address (10.0.0.222 in the video) . Does this value in your router display match the IP you get from whatsmyip ?
nope, WAN IP begins with 10 and whatsmyip.org says it begins with 109

Status
Not open for further replies.