Cannot overclock my gpu

max_payne32

Reputable
Oct 14, 2014
Guys..i recently bought an asus gtx 760 oc direct cu 2 edition...now, as you know, this comes with a gpu tweak software...i have read several times that if u oc the factory overclocked gtx 760 it almost provides the same performance as r9 280x..but whenever i try to overclock it using the gpu tweak...after a few mins...it says your display adapter stopped working..why is this so?? is my xfx 550 watt psu not sufficient for overclocking? i am following the steps shown in overclocking.net (which i believe is a trustworthy site)..any solution will be greatly appreciated..thank you :)

Solution

Abmario

Reputable
Oct 1, 2014
Solution

Each and every single graphics card(yes even ones with the EXACT same model number) is different and behaves differently when trying to overclock. There is no guarantee that a card will be able to overclock at all.

That isn't really a method?
What voltage did you set it to?
What MHz in both memory and core?

Abmario

Reputable
Oct 1, 2014
+1 Novuake
It's like OCing cpu and roulette.. lucky ones get good chips.

Try push a little speed you can add from you gpu (check the temp).. if it's responding then push further, do it gradually.. you'll know when your chip reach its limit..
edited: and same time you can observe your psu capacity.

max_payne32

Reputable
Oct 14, 2014

max_payne32

Reputable
Oct 14, 2014
@Nouvake and Abmario ..thanks for the info guys ..didnt know that gpus which are exactly similar have different overclocking capabilities :O :O ..well that explains a lot...thanks for the quick reply guys and

@cirdeus....the only reason i tried this is because i have seen EVGA has released a SUPERCLOCKED gtx 760 whose performance ( as they say) is on par with that of a stock gtx 770...now this might be a stupid question ,but the term "superclocked" means it is overclocked to its limits right? and the evga sueprclocked 760 performs better than my sus 760 ( if those benchmarks can be trusted )..thats the only reason which led me to believe that my 760 isnt at its best