[SOLVED] Cannot reinstall macOS Lion on my MacBook ?

Muhamad-j1234

Reputable
Dec 31, 2020
I installed Ubuntu 20.04 on my MacBook Air in 2010 so when I hold command and R on boot and get to the Install macOS screen I select my disk, enter my apple ID but it fails so I can't install macOS on my MacBook ?

Solution
After entering my Apple ID it says 'Something went wrong try again later'
There are several settings that could cause that error: Wrong date, installing wrong OS version, using wrong Apple ID.
To set the time & date, hold down the Command and R; then you will see the MacOS Utilities, select the Utilities menu from the top of the screen and choose Terminal. Type date 030312102021 ( March 03, 2021; at 12:10).
Change those digits depending on the time you set it up. Close the Terminal and try the OS setup.

If your Apple ID is not associated with a MacOS, when you see the utilities window, click Get Help Online to browse the web. This will open the Safari app. Then go to icloud.com and sign in...
No
I don't know how to check disk health
Follow the steps below...all data on the disk will be wiped.
Power your Macbook and press and hold the Command and R keys.
Select Disk Utility and click Continue.
Select your startup disk on the left and click the Erase tab.
Choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled) from the Format menu, enter a name, and then click Erase.
Select Reinstall OS X, click Continue, and then follow the instructions on your screen.

.....my MacBook doesn't have an ethernet port
I'm aware that the MacBook does not have an Ethernet port...that's why I said USB to Ethernet adapter

Muhamad-j1234

Reputable
Dec 31, 2020
Follow the steps below...all data on the disk will be wiped.
Power your Macbook and press and hold the Command and R keys.
Select Disk Utility and click Continue.
Select your startup disk on the left and click the Erase tab.
Choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled) from the Format menu, enter a name, and then click Erase.
Select Reinstall OS X, click Continue, and then follow the instructions on your screen.

There are several settings that could cause that error: Wrong date, installing wrong OS version, using wrong Apple ID.
To set the time & date, hold down the Command and R; then you will see the MacOS Utilities, select the Utilities menu from the top of the screen and choose Terminal. Type date 030312102021 ( March 03, 2021; at 12:10).
Change those digits depending on the time you set it up. Close the Terminal and try the OS setup.

If your Apple ID is not associated with a MacOS, when you see the utilities window, click Get Help Online to browse the web. This will open the Safari app. Then go to icloud.com and sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID and password. Now go back to the utilities window (install screen) and try installing the OS again.

It could be that the setup is looking for the wrong OS version.
Start up your Macbook in Internet Recovery Mode (Command (⌘) +Option (⌥) + R ).
Connect to a wireless network. Select your Wi-Fi connection. After that your Macbook will download a recovery system image from Apple’s servers. Your Mac will restart, and select install Mac OS. You mac will install the version of OS that was factory-preloaded on your Mac at the time of purchase.

Solution