[SOLVED] Cannot Remove HDD from Phanteks Cage

Status
Not open for further replies.

themish

Reputable
Jul 28, 2019
Hello All,

I'm having an issue with a HDD that appears stuck in the hard drive cage in a Phanteks case. I'm not sure of the exact model case, this is a CyberPower PC prebuilt, but I think its the p400 series or so. I have looked at the manual, but haven't seen anything that would indicate my issue. Theres a link with a picture below, but theres two HDD's in the cage. As far as I understand, I should be able to just squeeze the plastic tabs and pull out. The drive on the top came with the build, that's the one I'm replacing, but I cant pull it out. The one on the bottom, I can freely move in and out, no hindrance (this drive was added, it wasn't part of the original build). But the drive on top seriously wont come out, its almost like its screwed down somewhere, but I have no idea where that would be.

Is there something I'm missing? This is getting pretty frustrating. Thank you very much for any help.

https://ibb.co/M2NH1gH

gardenman

Splendid
Possibly screws on the bottom. I seen another page that shows screws on the bottom of the case that could be used to remove the HDD cage from the case. Either way, I'd be looking for screws somewhere located on the bottom of the drive, or the case/cage.

That's about all of the info that I could find on this topic. Give it a try or maybe someone else will have an idea.

themish

Reputable
Jul 28, 2019
Possibly screws on the bottom. I seen another page that shows screws on the bottom of the case that could be used to remove the HDD cage from the case. Either way, I'd be looking for screws somewhere located on the bottom of the drive, or the case/cage.

That's about all of the info that I could find on this topic. Give it a try or maybe someone else will have an idea.

Hello there! Thank you very much for you reply! I did see that thread, but it sounds like in that case he was able to remove the drive from the pc case, but was having trouble removing it from the plastic tray that it get screwed into. I just seriously cant take the drive out from my case. Like I said, its strange because the 2nd drive I added slides in and out no problem, but the one that came with the build just wont budge. I'll keep searching around, but thank you very much for you reply!

themish

Reputable
Jul 28, 2019
Not sure if it helps, but I removed the bottom hdd to see if I can get like some leverage or see if somethings blocking the top drive, I really couldnt find anything. The bottom drive slid out fine, this is seriously stumping me. I took another picture from the front of the case, its not super clear, but the crew holes of the drive dont line up with anything. Any help is most appreciated.

https://ibb.co/XsFngpB

themish

Reputable
Jul 28, 2019
Hi All, so I did solve it. I was really trying to prevent having to remove the bay that the hdd's sit in, but I just went ahead with it. The top hdd that came with the pc was indeed screwed in with the massive chassis screw. It was all smooth sailing from there. Thanks for those that may have tried to figure it out!

https://ibb.co/b2SxCXh

Status
Not open for further replies.