cannot see folder security configuration

jp

I'm working with a Win2k Server, somehow there are some folder I can't
access. It seems to be random. I try to open one of those folder and
get a permision restriction. I tryed to check see this folder security
configuration and was not able to do it. The was a message that said
that I don't have permissions to see or modify this folder security
configuration. I tryed as a Administrator and It happens the same. The
owner of the folder is Administrator. What could I do.

Thanks in advanced

First run Check Disk on the disk volumes in case there is some sort of
corruption. Then verify that you are logged on as a local administrator by
using the net localgroup administrators command which should also contain
the domain admins group for the domain if a domain computer. The owner
should always be able to change permissions to allow himself access. If
still not luck try changing ownership to administrators. If still no luck
you can resort to command line tools such as fileacl to change permissions
and/or ownership. I would also do a full virus scan on the computer using
latest virus definitions since you are experiencing strange behavior. ---
Steve

http://membres.lycos.fr/jfb/gb/gbtools/fileacl.htm -- fileacl download and
syntax.

"JP" <jp@redcetus.com> wrote in message
> I'm working with a Win2k Server, somehow there are some folder I can't
> access. It seems to be random. I try to open one of those folder and
> get a permision restriction. I tryed to check see this folder security
> configuration and was not able to do it. The was a message that said
> that I don't have permissions to see or modify this folder security
> configuration. I tryed as a Administrator and It happens the same. The
> owner of the folder is Administrator. What could I do.
>
> Thanks in advanced

TRENDING THREADS