Cannot see my display adapter in device manager

LunarMaster

Reputable
Jan 24, 2016
I just recently took my graphics card ( amd radeon 7770 ) out of my computer for some purpose and then when I put it back I cannot see it in the device manager, I tried turning off my integrated graphics but no result, I also noticed a few loose cables in my computer that I have no idea what they are for, when I tried plugging my gpu power cable in one of them I got some display from my graphics card for like a minute or so then my computer shut down, and when I tried to turn it back on it would shut down within a second until I unplugged my power cable from the peripherals inside my computer (I dont even know if those should be connected) .. I have no idea what to do..

*Fans are still working when the computer is up - and I believe the hdmi feature works too since when I plugged it with my tv, the hdmi 1 option lit up.

LunarMaster

Reputable
Jan 24, 2016
I just found out the loose cables that I have inside my computer are three peripherals, with 4 slots and a FDD, I have no idea if I should plug one of those peripherals in my gpu's power cable.. my gpu is currently not plugged to anything but the motherboard.. But I know my card is working because my monitor would display stuff when it was connected to the card when I had it plugged with a peripheral.. I just don't know how to make it work without it shutting down my computer

*My card's power cable has three pins plus an empty slot when my peripherals has 4 slots, I don't know if this means anything

TRENDING THREADS