Question Cannot turn on Wireless capability on laptop

May 2, 2019
Hello All,

I just recently bought a brand new Acer Predator Helios 300 15.6" 8th Gen Core i5 Gaming Laptop 12GB RAM 1TB+128GB (NH.Q3HEK.006).

I can't switch on the wireless capability. It just won't work. I have tried disabling/re-enabling the wireless adapter, reinstalling/updating the wireless network card drivers, etc., in the Taskbar, Windows still indicates that WiFi capability has not been turned on.
I've installed the latest updates for Windows 10; nothing. I have also tried unticking the box under properties indicating that Windows can disable the wireless adapter to save power; nothing.

I have seen online that some laptops have an F key for enabling wifi (e.g. Fn+F2), or a physical switch on the laptop itself, but this one seems to have neither. There is a keyboard shortcut for enabling airplane mode, that's it. I'm nervous the network card is faulty, but presumably Windows wouldn't even see the wireless network card if this was the case??

I can use Ethernet for now, but it's maddening to not be able to use WiFi...

If anyone has been in a similar situation or can advise, I'd be really grateful!!