Canon iP 4000 and i865

Last week I was viewing the Canon iP 4000 (£129.99) in PC World when one
of their advisors told me that it was the replacement for the Canon
i865.

That does not make sense to me. Some views would be appreciated.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

I have just bought a 4000 and am very pleased with it.
99 quid plus carriage from Pixmania.

Don't go spending 130!!!

Cheers
Pete

In article <2vso0kF2ol8iqU1@uni-berlin.de>, Emrys Davies
<me@privacy.net> writes

--
Peter J. Richardson

In article Emrys Davies says...
> Last week I was viewing the Canon iP 4000 (£129.99) in PC World when one
> of their advisors told me that it was the replacement for the Canon
> i865.
>
> That does not make sense to me. Some views would be appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Emrys Davies.

What doesn't make sense about it
i865 text BK + 4 colour => iP4000 text BK + 4 colour.
i560 text BK + 3 colour => iP3000 text BK + 3 colour.
i900D/905D => iP6000D
The main difference with the Pixma package is the paper handling, trays
etc.

I am definitely not into the technicalities of printers, but I was of
the impression from what I have read that the Canon i865 is far superior
to the iP4000 and I was hoping to solicit a general view as to the
merits of my belief.

Is it a fact that the Cannon i865 is being discontinued and that the iP
4000 has taken its place.

Sorry I didn't explain myself very well.

Thanks,
Emrys Davies.

"colinco" <colincomma@yawhoo.com> wrote in message
In article Emrys Davies says...
> Last week I was viewing the Canon iP 4000 (£129.99) in PC World when
one
> of their advisors told me that it was the replacement for the Canon
> i865.
>
> That does not make sense to me. Some views would be appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Emrys Davies.

What doesn't make sense about it
i865 text BK + 4 colour => iP4000 text BK + 4 colour.
i560 text BK + 3 colour => iP3000 text BK + 3 colour.
i900D/905D => iP6000D
The main difference with the Pixma package is the paper handling, trays
etc.

bill

Emrys Davies wrote:

>I am definitely not into the technicalities of printers, but I was of
>the impression from what I have read that the Canon i865 is far superior
>to the iP4000 and I was hoping to solicit a general view as to the
>merits of my belief.
>
>Is it a fact that the Cannon i865 is being discontinued and that the iP
>4000 has taken its place.

Yes, the iP4000 is the replacement model. The rest of the regular
i-series will be slowly phased out.

It is indeed a fact that the i860/i865 has been replaced by the ip4000. I
have the ip4000 and before that I used the i860 for about a year...the
ip4000 is definately the better printer. The dual paper feed, auto-duplex,
slightly better speed and marginally better photo quality make this an
upgrade I feel good about.

Cheers,

Jeff H

"Emrys Davies" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> I am definitely not into the technicalities of printers, but I was of
> the impression from what I have read that the Canon i865 is far superior
> to the iP4000 and I was hoping to solicit a general view as to the
> merits of my belief.
>
> Is it a fact that the Cannon i865 is being discontinued and that the iP
> 4000 has taken its place.
>
> Sorry I didn't explain myself very well.
>
> Thanks,
> Emrys Davies.
>

> "colinco" <colincomma@yawhoo.com> wrote in message
> In article Emrys Davies says...
> > Last week I was viewing the Canon iP 4000 (£129.99) in PC World when
> one
> > of their advisors told me that it was the replacement for the Canon
> > i865.
> >
> > That does not make sense to me. Some views would be appreciated.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Emrys Davies.
> >

> What doesn't make sense about it
> i865 text BK + 4 colour => iP4000 text BK + 4 colour.
> i560 text BK + 3 colour => iP3000 text BK + 3 colour.
> i900D/905D => iP6000D
> The main difference with the Pixma package is the paper handling, trays
> etc.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

"Emrys Davies" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<2vso0kF2ol8iqU1@uni-berlin.de>...
> Last week I was viewing the Canon iP 4000 (£129.99) in PC World when one
> of their advisors told me that it was the replacement for the Canon
> i865.
>
> That does not make sense to me. Some views would be appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Emrys Davies.

We have just purchased a 4000 and are amazed at the quality and speed,
well worth the money!