Canon Makes a Mouse With a Built-In Calculator

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
This actually seems useful. It would be targeted at professionals that have laptops with no number pad. Typing in a lot of numeric calculations without a num pad is really slow. If there is an easy on/off switch for the keys, there is an option to have the keystrokes sent to the computer and the mouse still functions and feels as good as a regular mouse, then I think this is a great idea. If any of those requirements is not met, then I'd say its more hassle than its worth.

G

Is it RPN? If not i'll spend more time trying not to plug things in backwards than finding my trusty HP41

G

I bought this because I need a numeric keypad for my laptop. It enable you to switch between calculator and keypad modes. It also has a send key to insert the number into the computer. I thought it would be great for me as I do a lot of CAD work on my laptop. ONE PROBLEM, Canon's tech support confirmed it does not work with your laptop's internal bluetooth. It requires an external dongle that, of course, does not come with the mouse. MAJOR SCREWUP by Canon. Why should I have to spend more money on top of the $60 for the mouse to have something hanging out of my laptop when I already have internal bluetooth. Some was not thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.