[SOLVED] Canon MG2522 print head alignment problem

Dec 15, 2022
I just changed the color cartridge on this printer. It printed fine and then said must do print head alignment. I ran that and then it said you must scan this page. I scanned it and it came up with an error message that something went wrong. I did not see what looked like a problem and when I tried to scan that page again it made a bunch of loud noises. When I printed a test page, all was garbled. Anyone able to offer a fix? Thanks.

Dec 15, 2022
No. not genuine but package says the cartridges will not void my warranty. As I said, I printed out a picture just fine which message said I could do. Then a link was provided to run the print head alignment process which I did. I believe the error message that then came up was 29. This whole process is not explained very well. There were areas missing, I assume there should have been color entries in those blank areas. When I tried to scan that page, the printer made awful sounds like it was breaking! I hope I can make this work. I really like this Canon - prints beautiful colors of my photos. Please help. Thank you.

USAFRet

Titan
No. not genuine but package says the cartridges will not void my warranty. As I said, I printed out a picture just fine which message said I could do. Then a link was provided to run the print head alignment process which I did. I believe the error message that then came up was 29. This whole process is not explained very well. There were areas missing, I assume there should have been color entries in those blank areas. When I tried to scan that page, the printer made awful sounds like it was breaking! I hope I can make this work. I really like this Canon - prints beautiful colors of my photos. Please help. Thank you.
Non-genuine carts can have all sorts of issues.

I just went through this with my brother laser.

3rd party work great, mostly.
With text, can't tell.

Trying to print photos...even an untrained eye can see a big difference.

Dec 15, 2022
My photos look great - with the canon printer. I believe I fixed the problem this morning with a manual alignment feature. Thanks --