Question Canon Pixma G3600 not printing in colour anymore

Metalrocks

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2014
Hi,

my parents have gotten the titled printer for several months now and generally it worked just fine. But as of lately, it stopped to print in colour. And yes, the tanks are all full.
What I have tried:
  • Installing new drivers.
  • cleaned heads through the software.
  • Did a deep clean as well.
  • Held the stop button for over 11 seconds.

Nothing worked.
Usually when you open the tray, the print head suppose to move into the center. Instead, it just moves couple of times left and right and then it just remains near the tanks under the cover. There is no lever or anything to remove it.

I have looked up the manual and various sites on howto fix this problem but no success. They all say the same as I described above.

I'm at a loss what the problem is. My guess is that it can't suck the liquid from the tanks as I have noticed a tube was competently empty. But as mentioned, I can't access the print head to see if anything is clocked up.

Thanks for the help.

I have a canon pixma ts 8050.
First i notice you say 1 tube is empty , i presume you mean the window in the cartridge indicating it is empty , if thats the case then i am surprised you can print in just black ink because my printer has 6 cartridges and if any of them run out it wont do anything.

Have your parents done any black ink only via the viewing window because if you customise settings for 1 printing session some settings stay as you put them and some go back to how they were before you did your current printing.

You say they got it recenttly so it should still be under guarentee.

Anyway i for the following article and whilst its not for your model of pixma it might have something in it you missed

I have a Canon Pixma MP830. All of a sudden it stopped printing color. The black works fine. I put in new cartridges (justanswer.com)

Metalrocks

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2014
I have a canon pixma ts 8050.
First i notice you say 1 tube is empty , i presume you mean the window in the cartridge indicating it is empty , if thats the case then i am surprised you can print in just black ink because my printer has 6 cartridges and if any of them run out it wont do anything.

Have your parents done any black ink only via the viewing window because if you customise settings for 1 printing session some settings stay as you put them and some go back to how they were before you did your current printing.

You say they got it recenttly so it should still be under guarentee.

Anyway i for the following article and whilst its not for your model of pixma it might have something in it you missed

I have a Canon Pixma MP830. All of a sudden it stopped printing color. The black works fine. I put in new cartridges (justanswer.com)
I can forward that to my parents.

And no, I think you misunderstood. I mean these tubes from the cartridges to the print head. One of them is empty. The cartridges are all full. Windows shows nothing that its empty. Rather the opposite.
Which makes it so frustrating that I can't access the print head because it never comes out.

Yes, we have checked if it set to black only. Nope, it's standard. Even doing test prints, which should print in colour, does not do that.

i have looked at a video of the printer so now i understand what you meant about pipes.
Your main objective seems to be to get the print head in the middle so you can get to it.
Just wondering have you tried turning off the power as it is printing to see if you can get it to stop where you want.

Might not work but am just trying to help you.

Metalrocks

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2014
i have looked at a video of the printer so now i understand what you meant about pipes.
Your main objective seems to be to get the print head in the middle so you can get to it.
Just wondering have you tried turning off the power as it is printing to see if you can get it to stop where you want.

Might not work but am just trying to help you.
That thought has crossed my mind too. Just now I'm at my own place and won't be at my parents until Friday. Will give it a shot and hopefully it may work. And so far you have been helpful. Any suggestion is of help, so thanks.