[SOLVED] Canon Pixma (MG3250) all in one printer Err code 6

Anderson10304

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2012
Hi all

I have a canon pixma (MG3250) all in one printer, thing is the cartridges ran out in the summer so decided to purchase a black ink cartridge only no colour.

Prior to this the number (6) was flashing on the small display on the printer itself. I replaced the printer cartridge yesterday and to my amazement the printer isn't printing and the err code 6 is still flashing when I'm quite sure it should have a stationary (1) displayed.

I was also wondering whether both cartridges should be replaced its just a hunch but don't see why in order for it to print, I have referred to the manual and changed my settings to print grayscale in the printer options but this hasn't worked.

One thing I forgot to mention is that there are two small amber led lights on the printer just below the display for colour or black notification, the colour one is flashing which I sure tells the user the cartridge has run out of ink, is there anyway to change this to black.

I hope someone can offer me some help if they have a similar model and had the same problem. Oh went to the canon website before posting this thread wasn't much help.

Many thanks

hi anderson i have a pixma ts 8050 i dont know why you would want to change a colour to black , for a very long time now it has been standard practice for printers to stop working if ANY cartridge runs out.

The old printer i had at work did keep running if 1 of the cartridges ran out but i am afraid those days are long gone.

for more years than i can remember i have used this company and the genuine canon items are reasonably priced , plus depending what time you place the order you will get them tomorrow

Anderson10304

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2012
hi anderson i have a pixma ts 8050 i dont know why you would want to change a colour to black , for a very long time now it has been standard practice for printers to stop working if ANY cartridge runs out.

The old printer i had at work did keep running if 1 of the cartridges ran out but i am afraid those days are long gone.

for more years than i can remember i have used this company and the genuine canon items are reasonably priced , plus depending what time you place the order you will get them tomorrow

Hello MJS Warlord

I have only changed the black cartridge and not the colour as mentioned and thought it may work but sadly it still showing the error 6 on my printer display.

From your reply it sounds like I may have to purchase the colour cartridge and install for the error 6 to disappear and printer to work. I'm now wondering whether it's a case of replacing both rather than one cartridge.

Cheers

hi as previously stated , if any cartridges run out your printer will stop.
If you take out the empty cartridge and put it back in you can fool the printer and print a few pages before it realises the cartridge is empty before it stops again.