Question Canon printer not supported in windows 10

PCmonks100

Reputable
Jan 18, 2020
I hope someone can assist me here, but I have a good Canon Pixma ip4200 printer but can't find a driver for Windows 10. All I require in to be able to print b/w text so nothing fancy. Canon don't support it anymore. Any ideas? I hope I haven't got to skip it. Thanks in advance.

PCmonks100

Reputable
Jan 18, 2020
Try the following Canon link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/pixma-ip4200

The drivers may be available: Canon is no longer "supporting" those drivers with updates, additional features, and/or bug fixes.

However, a couple of the drivers are likely to work to some extent.
Looks like the skip then. I thought they were trying to save the planet lol I have looked everywhere and can't find anything at all.

Richj444

Prominent
May 25, 2022
I hope someone can assist me here, but I have a good Canon Pixma ip4200 printer but can't find a driver for Windows 10. All I require in to be able to print b/w text so nothing fancy. Canon don't support it anymore. Any ideas? I hope I haven't got to skip it. Thanks in advance.
I know this is an obvious question but sometimes we all overlook the obvious. Have you connected the printer to see if Win 10 detects it natively? There might be drivers built in to the OS that work for you.

PCmonks100

Reputable
Jan 18, 2020
Did you click the "Quick Links" for Software and Drivers?

Again, just try older driver versions to determine if any will work.

Maybe Windows 7.
Maybe I can't see what in front of me but I can't see any 'quick links' tab. I will try a windows
I know this is an obvious question but sometimes we all overlook the obvious. Have you connected the printer to see if Win 10 detects it natively? There might be drivers built in to the OS that work for you.
Thanks, but yes first thing I did. It recognizes the printer but states no driver installed or something like that. I can usually sort these thjings out but with this I am stumped.

PCmonks100

Reputable
Jan 18, 2020
Maybe I can't see what in front of me but I can't see any 'quick links' tab. I will try a windows

Thanks, but yes first thing I did. It recognizes the printer but states no driver installed or something like that. I can usually sort these things out but with this I am stumped. One issue is, my old printer show up in Device Manager but not the Canon.

TRENDING THREADS