News Canonical Announce Ubuntu 23.04, Beta Steam App

RichardtST

Notable
May 17, 2022
Ah yes, "snap". This is exactly why I refuse to use Ubuntu any more. Snap is hideously slow, spits goo all over the mount table, and is just the most miserable thing I've ever seen. I'm 100% sure it was devised and implemented by Microsoft to discourage Linux users.

Aug 16, 2020
Ah yes, "snap". This is exactly why I refuse to use Ubuntu any more. Snap is hideously slow, spits goo all over the mount table, and is just the most miserable thing I've ever seen. I'm 100% sure it was devised and implemented by Microsoft to discourage Linux users.

The changes made to Files during the last iteration are horrible, too. Though, to be fair, that's probably Gnome more than Ubuntu, but still!

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
As an FYI, if you're interested in Ubuntu if not for snap, it's not too hard to remove. If you google something like 'Ubuntu disable snap' you should get some pretty straightforward guides. I run Ubuntu on my home PC, snap-free.

D

Deleted member 14196

Agreed. Snap is garbage