Can't access files from hdd after installing windows 10 on new ssd.

Aug 17, 2018
I had my computer first 2 years until I decided to buy a new ssd. Being a student with limited budget, I picked up only a 120gb Kingston ssd. I then tried to install win 10 on the ssd. I used a bootable drive and unplugged my hdd during the installation process. Windows 10 was installed and I shut down my pc to plug back my hdd. But when it booted with the hdd I could not see any of my old files or games. I was able to see the drive in file explorer, but nothing beyond that.

Solution
The files will be intact on the old HDD. But you created a new windows registry with the fresh OS install. All the installed programs a not associated with that clean registry. You will have to reinstall programs. Stream games that were downloaded can probably be reused.

kanewolf

Titan
The files will be intact on the old HDD. But you created a new windows registry with the fresh OS install. All the installed programs a not associated with that clean registry. You will have to reinstall programs. Stream games that were downloaded can probably be reused.

Solution