Can't access my Belkin router's control panel.

Northwestern

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
I have a Belkin F5D7230-4 router and I am trying to access the panel so I can edit the port forwarding options from within but whenever I use http://192.168.2.1/ the page times out. I've tried many other codes (Even though that is the one made for Belkin routers) and I have had no luck.

I then looked for an answer online, it had me open cmd and check ipconfig /all, and while my modem registers it's default gateway, my router has a blank field on it's default gateway. I have tried powering off the router, disconnecting it, factory resetting it and have still had no signs of luck. So I have now come here asking the community for help.

Solution
G
If the router is functioning and the internet itself is fine, I would say to hold down the reset button on the back for a good 2 minutes. I don't know if that's what you mean by factory reset, but that's really all I got for you. Best of luck. Cheers mate!
G

If the router is functioning and the internet itself is fine, I would say to hold down the reset button on the back for a good 2 minutes. I don't know if that's what you mean by factory reset, but that's really all I got for you. Best of luck. Cheers mate!

Solution

Northwestern

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
When I first reset my router I simply pushed the reset button, factory resetting it is done by holding it for more than ten seconds. I did what JangleTr0n asked and messed around with it before holding the reset button, after which my desktop asked me if this is my home, work or public network. Then I tried the address and I can now access the Belkin panel. Finally, I checked cmd again on ipconfig /all and Belkin is now registered under there with the correct default gateway.

Thanks for the help!