Question Cant Access my RT-AC86U via router.asus.com only via IP

Michael-Jacob

Reputable
Sep 12, 2014
Hey Guys i just bough a Asus RT-AC86U and everything is fine with it
The First time i logged into it i used router.asus.com, and i could access it normally.
I tweaked some stuff etc, including changing the original IP "Gateway" to 192.168.1.1 from 192.168.50.1, but after a while i wanted to access the router via router.access.com but i couldn't anymore.
Any Ideia why i can't access it anymore through router.asus.com?
Thanks

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
I've never been able to successfully use router.asus.com as a link for my AP, despite being in the reference material that shipped with the unit - but I have also manually assigned IPs etc.
So, with that, I'd assume "router.asus.com" is just a cover for "192.168.1.1" and once you've changed that, it's incapable of looking up your 'true' IP and allowing you to log in.

Michael-Jacob

Reputable
Sep 12, 2014
I've never been able to successfully use router.asus.com as a link for my AP, despite being in the reference material that shipped with the unit - but I have also manually assigned IPs etc.
So, with that, I'd assume "router.asus.com" is just a cover for "192.168.1.1" and once you've changed that, it's incapable of looking up your 'true' IP and allowing you to log in.
Then if i change the IP back to 192.168.50.1 i will be able to access through router.asus.com??