[SOLVED] Can't access password field to open Windows 10?

flycaster

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010
HP 750-114, Ausu PA278QV, Logitek mouse MX Master 3, Microsoft ARC keyboard and Logitek K400r keyboard, W10 2004 (latest).Not sure what is going on, but will describe the best I can.

Everything working great, and then power apparently went out as monitor shut off and phone in area went dead, but lights in room were working and computer was on, but apparently in standby mode. After much anxiety and searching for the problem, saw that my surge protector was not lit, it was off. Turned it on and rebooted the computer. Here's the problem: Using the ARC keyboard (fresh batteries), I couldn't enter my password to open Windows. Using ARC wouldn't bring up the PW field, had to use the MX. Once field was opened, ARC couldn't enter anything into the field. BTW, when the field opened, sometimes there was a blinking cursor on the left. It would blink 2 or 3 times, and then stop. At no point could I enter the PW. Also, I tried using the K400, but it didn't work. I assumed that as I already had a logitek unifying USB from the MX in place, that the K400 would work...but it didn't.

Appears to be a lot going on here and I can use all the help that I can get...Thanks loads.

Solution
See if a friend has a USB wired keyboard you can borrow to get you into your system. Once in, perform a clean shutdown and restart. Shut down once more, disconnect the USB Wired and reconnect the ARC. I'm thinking that if this doesn't work, a driver reinstall may be necessary.

-Wolf sends

flycaster

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010
Can't boot into anything as I can't enter into window's password field. All that I can do is manually turn computer and monitor on/off. When computer goes on, I get an opening screen with my wallpaper and the time/date on the bottom left. And have to jiggle the mouse to get the three icons on the bottom right to show. The password field also will now open. The cursor indicator at the left end of the field will blink 2 or 3 times and that is it. There is no response to the keyboard entries.

Wolfshadw

Titan
See if a friend has a USB wired keyboard you can borrow to get you into your system. Once in, perform a clean shutdown and restart. Shut down once more, disconnect the USB Wired and reconnect the ARC. I'm thinking that if this doesn't work, a driver reinstall may be necessary.

-Wolf sends

Solution