Question Cant add more DDr3 Ram

May 24, 2024
I have two kits, one low profile, and the other regular, everything is the same, the speed, frequency,timing etc, however when I add these kits together, my power sits on 55, but when I combine one of each it works, but when I tried to exceed 8gb or add a third stick, my power gets stuck on 55, but the motherboard would make a clicking sound of when it boots up, but there is no post on the monitor

Build:
Motherboard - Z87-PRO
CPU - i7 4790K
GPU - 550 Ti
SSD - 2
HDD - 1

So you have kit "A" and kit "B" .

If you use only kit "A" does computer work?

If you use only kit "B" does computer work?

Is this the first time you have tried to install more than 2 stick of memory in the life time of the computer. And did the computer work just fine with only 2 sticks for as long as you have had computer.

Being as ddr3 is the most forgiving mix and match the PC industry ever had I'm leaning to a CPU issue. To tight of a CPU cooler? Bent pin?

But first need to know If both kits work fine by themself both "A" alone and than "B" alone to rule out a bad stick.

May 24, 2024
Both kits work, on their own, but when I try to add the one kit, and then a third stick from the second kit, it never boots up, this was also bought from someone on facebook marketplace, and it came with 8gb of ram, and now I want to upgrade, after 3 months of using it, and never once opening it, though I may know the problem, dust could have been inside the slots, becuase I never cleaned the pc after 3 months of use :D.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Both kits work, on their own, but when I try to add the one kit, and then a third stick from the second kit, it never boots up, this was also bought from someone on facebook marketplace, and it came with 8gb of ram, and now I want to upgrade, after 3 months of using it, and never once opening it, though I may know the problem, dust could have been inside the slots, becuase I never cleaned the pc after 3 months of use :D.
Install 2 sticks and increase the memory voltage to 1.55, shut down and add the other 2 sticks. It would help if you could link the 2 kits!