Can't attribute free space to C: Drive

noobpwnr

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012
Hi,
When i bought my computer i created a partition from the main disk(D: ), but recently i deleted it and i cant reatribute the free space to the C: drive.

Im using windows disk management. Anyone knows a workaround?

Solution
Or see if this works for you in case of unallocated space:

1. Open the Start Menu (or press Win+R), enter diskmgmt.msc, then press Enter.
2. Right-click on C: and select Extend Volume.
3. Use the wizard to add the free space to the volume.

brarboy

Honorable
it has become Unallocated Space now. Do the following and create a new partition:

Step 1
Click the "Start" button, right-click "Computer" and choose "Manage."

Step 2
Click "Disk Management" from the left pane of the Computer Management window to access drive management tools.

Step 3
Right-click "Unallocated Space" from the graphical hard drive display and select "New Simple Volume."

Step 4
Click "Next" three times until you get to the formatting screen. By default, NTFS is selected. Click "Next" to allocate the space to a new partition and format it.

brarboy

Honorable
Use the free Home version of EaseUS at http://download.cnet.com/EaseUS-Partition-Master-Free-Edition/3000-2248_4-10863346.html
Firstly, you have to "create" a partition using the unallocated space. Then merge the two partitions into one (C: drive).

As a Hint: Once you choose the action it doesn't happen right away. You will get a notice that "action pending" or something similar. You Then have to click "Apply", which isn't real obvious.

brarboy

Honorable
Or see if this works for you in case of unallocated space:

1. Open the Start Menu (or press Win+R), enter diskmgmt.msc, then press Enter.
2. Right-click on C: and select Extend Volume.
3. Use the wizard to add the free space to the volume.

Solution