Cant boot after a cpu upgrade

domste

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013
Not much of an upgrade but it is a quad core q8200. My previous cpu, which im using right now as it happens, is an e8500 core 2 duo and everything is in tip top shape, but because i wanted some more background stuff while playing some ez pz games i got the q8200. Heres the catch, when i put it in the socket, the right way obviously, the "arrows" align, put some of the cool, cool mayo on it and the cooler, my windows wont boot for crap. I can access the bios and it recognizes it as a quad q8200 clocked at 2.33ghz if i remember right, but when i try to get out of bios into windows, the four little balls of light that come out and form the "window" or flag - freeze up in the middle of the screen. Next i can try to do a "automatic windows repair" thingy, which freezes while loading that win95 loading bar. I though of reinstalling my windows, but from what i gather its impossible as no matter what i do (dont have a cd-dvd rom) with the flash drive, it wont install windows for me ;_;.
I either get a "press any button to load from usb", but my keyboard is disabled as soon as the message pops up, or nothing except a black screen and one flashing "-" in the top right corner. Now dont laugh but these are my specs if they might help you help me at all :c

P5QL/EPU mobo
e8500/q8200 cpu
asus hd 7950
worthless/deathtrap no-brand 500w psu
750gigs of seagate barracuda.}
Id appreciate any help whatsoever.

domste

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013

Hey, just because you answered so fast, i deem you a cool guy. Sorry im responding so late, but i didn't expect either of those 5ish drivers to do anything, alas, after it worked i got sucked in that seamless witcher 3 high to ultra 35fps :) Thanks for your help, man.