[SOLVED] Can't boot from SSD moved briefly to another PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 9, 2021
I recently built a new PC and pulled the OS drive (samsung 980 SSD) from my old PC and put it in the new one for storage. I haven't deleted or changed anything on the drive. The new PC has issues and I need to switch back to my old PC while waiting for a new motherboard.

I put the OS drive back in my old PC, but it won't boot. Bios won't open and I get "AE" error code on asus which indicates OS not found.

I've already cleared CMOS by removing battery. Can anyone give advice on getting the PC to boot with the old OS drive back in?

Thanks!

Solution
when loading the drive in another system some of the OS data & system partitions were more than likely modified.

you can load a Windows installer package from USB and use the repair tools to try and fix the boot parameters or any other issues.
just disconnect any other drives except the main OS drive while doing this.

if nothing works out you may need to perform a fresh install.
when loading the drive in another system some of the OS data & system partitions were more than likely modified.

you can load a Windows installer package from USB and use the repair tools to try and fix the boot parameters or any other issues.
just disconnect any other drives except the main OS drive while doing this.

if nothing works out you may need to perform a fresh install.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.