Question Can't boot in to BIOS, and also Device Manager showing 3 strange problems / Monitor not waking up during restart

Apr 22, 2020
I have an Asus z390-I motherboard and recently had to reset windows due to some issues. When I restart the computer now, often times the monitor doesn't come on at all. I have to hard turn off the computer and then Windows will boot up normally. However, it seems there are still some motherboard/bios issues I can't quite figure out with power. I'm using a USB-C/Thunderbolt monitor.

For the device manager problems, I can't quite tell what the devices are that are having these issues. Here is a screen shot:

View: https://imgur.com/a/DsXhVCc

This combined with not being able to hit delet/F2 to get in to BIOS has me quite frustrated... Any advice?

Apr 21, 2020
How old is your CMOS battery? Recently I had "kind of" similar issues where my USB ports started acting strange and drivers weren't working properly. It may sound weird but when I tried to boot my pc without a CMOS battery it booted up and all the problems were gone(although my bios got reset).
You can try :
1.booting without cmos battery (test run)
2.replace the cmos battery (if it's old)

Hope it helps!

Apr 22, 2020
CMOS battery is about a year old... I'm thinking more it has to do with some of the strange device manager errors - I have no ideas on what "Firmwar Update" "I2C" and "MFG" might be.