[SOLVED] Can't boot into MacOS at all ?

atlasgaming20

Honorable
Jan 13, 2018
I was following this video to partition my bootcamp to give Windows more space, after doing this and restarting I noticed no changes other than the fact that when I tried to boot up MacOS I quite literally can't, when holding down Option during startup I don't get the option to choose my boot drive. When trying to restart MacOS from Bootcamp on Windows I get an error saying " bootcamp could not locate the MacOS boot volume" How can I get back into MacOS? Is there anyway I can fix this?

atlasgaming20

Honorable
Jan 13, 2018
Have you tried to launch into recovery?

Yes I have, I tried it again just in case I was doing something wrong (LOL) But like normal I just boot into Windows without anything else appearing.

atlasgaming20

Honorable
Jan 13, 2018
When in recovery are you able to go into DU and see your Mac OS drive? Then do first aide on it and quit DU and choose Mac OS as the start up?
Nono, I quite literally can't load into recovery and it only boots me into Windows, I've tried every combo of Command-R only for nothing to happen other than me getting onto the Windows login screen

atlasgaming20

Honorable
Jan 13, 2018
When I look at the control panel on bootcamp all I see is this
kjh7vtzx.png

I don't see an option for MacOS anywhere else :(

Sep 14, 2021
Alright so any number of issues may be the case. Since recovery mode like you said (I'll assume you followed the correct process) didnt work it might be an internal storage issue where the OS was either damaged or corrupted. What I can suggest is because I know Macs (at least the one I have in my house) support external storage booting either flash windows or a form of Linux onto the device to run system diagnostics on said internal storage. If the drive itself is not the issue you need a new install of Mac OS which in that case recovery mode should have helped but if not all you can do is flash a new OS whether it be windows, linux or mac os just move on. (by the way by internal storage issue I mean the drive itself may be damaged) Hope this helped at least some :)

atlasgaming20

Honorable
Jan 13, 2018
Alright so any number of issues may be the case. Since recovery mode like you said (I'll assume you followed the correct process) didnt work it might be an internal storage issue where the OS was either damaged or corrupted. What I can suggest is because I know Macs (at least the one I have in my house) support external storage booting either flash windows or a form of Linux onto the device to run system diagnostics on said internal storage. If the drive itself is not the issue you need a new install of Mac OS which in that case recovery mode should have helped but if not all you can do is flash a new OS whether it be windows, linux or mac os just move on. (by the way by internal storage issue I mean the drive itself may be damaged) Hope this helped at least some :)
Would I be able to externally flash MacOS? Sorry I'm not really used to all of this haha

spinningstill

Honorable
Jan 15, 2018
Yes I have, I still just boot into Windows unfortunately
And you have tried the different key combinations?

Restart your Mac again and immediately press Command (⌘) and R to enter macOS Recovery. If Command (⌘) + R didn't work for you, try out the Option/Alt + Command (⌘) + R when you boot up to activate Internet Recovery Mode. Now, you can access an Apple server to download the latest macOS version.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201255

atlasgaming20

Honorable
Jan 13, 2018
And you have tried the different key combinations?

Restart your Mac again and immediately press Command (⌘) and R to enter macOS Recovery. If Command (⌘) + R didn't work for you, try out the Option/Alt + Command (⌘) + R when you boot up to activate Internet Recovery Mode. Now, you can access an Apple server to download the latest macOS version.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201255
Nope, neither one worked :(

spinningstill

Honorable
Jan 15, 2018
Right it sounds like the wrong partition was formatted.

A MacOS bootable USB is in order. Maybe visit an Authorized Apple Care facility or ask a friend to make one for you from their machine.

I did not catch what year your computer is.

Grace and peace.

Sep 10, 2021
There could be several reasons behind this error. The most general reason is the older version of “Bootcamp”. However, to resolve the issue, you can try the below fixes:

1. Always use the latest version of Bootcamp
  2. Try to boot MacOS manually
  3. Select the Mac OS volume as default OS.

Hope this will help!