[SOLVED] Can't boot properly with SSD

Mar 14, 2021
I recently bought an SSD because my friend said "buy it, is op" and I did, so what's the problem?
If I boot my pc with ONLY my SSD everything works, BUT, if I try to add my hard disk with the USB adapter that I bought, it won't show up, even in the bios I tried everything I knew and YouTube videos suggested to.
If I boot the pc with SSD and hard disk (by booting SSD via USB) it won't start, it will say "repairment" or something like that and will keep restarting until I turn it off.
If I boot the pc with hard disk first (so my pc is slower) and use the SSD with the USB it works everything, but I want to use the SSD for the OS and hard disk for file storage not the opposite.
p00uydF.png

I don't think these are all the specs you need but ask me if you need more and which one, I'm not expert with computers

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2021
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Why are you connecting the second drive via USB instead of SATA?
OK, later I'm going to update my post with all system specs and OS information (I can't use my PC now)
About the Ssd I discovered that my SATA to USB cable was only for my Ssd because my hard drive was not compatible, so I can't attach my hard drive with USB, thats why if I attach my ssd with USB it works, but why I cannot boot with it?

USAFRet

Titan
OK, later I'm going to update my post with all system specs and OS information (I can't use my PC now)
About the Ssd I discovered that my SATA to USB cable was only for my Ssd because my hard drive was not compatible, so I can't attach my hard drive with USB, thats why if I attach my ssd with USB it works, but why I cannot boot with it?
You're trying to boot from a USB connected drive?
That won't work.

There are methods to create such a config.

But generally, you can't just take a SSD with its OS, connect it via USB, and expect it to simply boot up.
Methods.....all I did was clone int to usb ext.
Changed boot order to usb ext.
Machine boots and runs fine.

Thinking I might have still booted from the int I entered the bios and disables the int.
Machine boots and runs fine from the usb ext.