[SOLVED] Can't boot ssd without windows boot manager?

azhiju

Honorable
Dec 21, 2018
Got windows onto my ssd the only issue is when I try to boot it it says no boot device found. I can only boot the ssd the same way i installed windows f12 and go to windows boot manager. I went into boot sequence and got it to boot through efi uefi? whatever it is called I clicked add boot, named it clicked add and now it is booting up but when the pc first starts it says the dell logo cause of the motherboard then the dell logo pops up again instead of the window's logo but the dell logo has so distortion through it and it loads into the desk top like right after that. Computer is making new noises now... and i am not sure on if it would be wise to keep it this way...

Solution
Figured it out.. Changed my whole boot to uefi and it boots normal now have windows on my ssd everything is good using my hdd as storage. My only concern and i hope someone can explain to me, why does ssd only boot through uefi instead of legacy like a normal hdd? what is the difference between uefi and legacy? is one faster than the other?

azhiju

Honorable
Dec 21, 2018
Figured it out.. Changed my whole boot to uefi and it boots normal now have windows on my ssd everything is good using my hdd as storage. My only concern and i hope someone can explain to me, why does ssd only boot through uefi instead of legacy like a normal hdd? what is the difference between uefi and legacy? is one faster than the other?

Solution