[SOLVED] Can't burn CDs with any software I tried

Oct 12, 2021
Hi, I'm trying to burn an Audio CD, I tried using Windows Media Player, Daemon Tools Ultra, Nero etc... They all say the disc is burned successfully, but when I try to play the CD, it comes off blank. Also there are no burning/data marks on the CD itself.

I tried updating drivers, reinstalling drivers, reinstalling the softwares, different discs, different files, FLAC, MP3 etc and nothing works.

I tried burning fast, I tried burning slow, even on x4 speed it doesn't work.
My physical PC CD drive is in good shape and is able to burn CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RW etc. I'm using blank CD-Rs.

While "burning" the CD drive makes noise as if it's actually working, and it's synchronized with Nero's indication of the tracks being burned. As in, "Burning track 1" - the CD drive makes noise until it finishes "burning" track 1, then goes to the next track and "burns" it.

What could it be?
I also tried playing the CD in a different drive and it's still blank.

Oct 12, 2021
It use to either be the CD/DVD writer being not functional, or it may be your CD/DVD not being compatible with your burner.

Does it work burning the CD's on another computer ?

Does it work if you try to burn a different kind of CD ?
The model of my CD drive is LG DVDRW 24X SATA and it can write and read CD and CD-R's etc.
Now, is it possible that it's damaged after being barely used at all?

I'll try on a different computer tomorrow, but in the minewhile, Daemon tools has "finished" burning and is now verifying compliation or something. It's stuck on 0%. Do you know what that process is? Should I just let it run? It's been half an hour and it's still on 0%.

EDIT:
I left it on, the data verification failed. I have a full log "explaining" why it failed, but it doesn't help me and doesn't give answers.
Is there any other explanation except a bad CD drive? The CD drive was barely used and it isn't very old (2-3 years old). Also, the empty CD-R's I'm using are brand new, were manufactured in 2021. 700MB CD-R by Silverline...

Last edited: