Question Cant change memory clock in msi afterburner

Dillusion

Prominent
Jun 1, 2019
Inappropriate or Vulgar Language
I decided to use msi afterburner to edit my clock settings but i cant change the memory clock! its stuck at 7000 mhz but aorus engine used to have 14002 mhz and the Gpu boost clock is stuck at 1350 can anyonr tell me how to fix it? Earlier i tried boosting up with memory clock to its highest and reached 9000 mhz but then the screen and all the apps started freezing with multicoloured pixels appearing everywhere on the screen and i couldnt reset the setting because AB wasnt responding until i launched aorus engine to override its settings

Last edited by a moderator:
Setting the mem that high was not a good idea. No wonder the apps started freezing :) Did you change the voltage when you did this? You don't want to damage the card. Make sure to read up a little on OC'ing before doing it again. Sounds like you just jumped right in there!

Anywho, lets start at the start. What card do you have? List the rest of your PC specs!

Thanks

Dillusion

Prominent
Jun 1, 2019
Setting the mem that high was not a good idea. No wonder the apps started freezing :) Did you change the voltage when you did this? You don't want to damage the card. Make sure to read up a little on OC'ing before doing it again. Sounds like you just jumped right in there!

Anywho, lets start at the start. What card do you have? List the rest of your PC specs!

Thanks
I hadnt changed the voltage when I did this.. did i damage my graphic card?

My spec
i7-9700k
Gigabyte rtx 2070 gaming oc
16 gb 3200 mhz corsair ram
psu is vs650(i know this psu doesnt have a good reputation in this forum but we dont have seasonic and other high psu companies here so its either this or the local brands)

Also pls tell me if i damaged my gpu

Ah. Okay. Well first things first. As you pointed out, the VS units aren't the best. I'd only reommend one if you do not plan on OC'ing. I would not be pushing that PSU, with an 9700k OC and/or trying to push a bad OC on a GPU.

The one good thing is you haven't increased the voltage for the GPU OC, which means it's prob okay.

Start with a re-install of the GPU drivers. Set everything to stock, including the CPU (if you've OC it). Your system is already plenty powerful to play any game without an OC.

Dillusion

Prominent
Jun 1, 2019
Ah. Okay. Well first things first. As you pointed out, the VS units aren't the best. I'd only reommend one if you do not plan on OC'ing. I would not be pushing that PSU, with an 9700k OC and/or trying to push a bad OC on a GPU.

The one good thing is you haven't increased the voltage for the GPU OC, which means it's prob okay.

Start with a re-install of the GPU drivers. Set everything to stock, including the CPU (if you've OC it). Your system is already plenty powerful to play any game without an OC.
I would also like to mention that this isnt the old vs650 but the grey 80+ plus with 3 years warranty and i plan to change it as soon as it's warranty is over.. the retailer hook me up with this psu because the other better ones are uncommon here and now its too late to return it. Also lets assume that someone were to overclock their gpu/cpu with vs650(grey) what would be the main problem? short circuit? or perhaps heat?

Also look:
View: https://imgur.com/a/bc5cLv8

i dont have much of a choice here do i?

Last edited: