Question Cant change resolution to 1080p@144hz after moving pc to a different place

zigaliro

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2016
Hello,

I recently moved my pc to a different place and since then my monitor resolution is stuck to 1440x900@60hz resolution and I cant set it higher. I have NVIDIA GTX 1060 graphics card and my monitor is asus VG248 which has a max resolution of 1920x1080@144hz and im connecting my monitor and my pc with displayport cable. I tried many things:

1. Changing resolution through display settings:

- I cant, max I can choose is 1440x900 and refresh rate 60hz.

2. Trying a different displayport cable:

- Same result, no difference

3. Trying a HDMI cable:

- This actually works, I can select 1920 x 1080 resolution however I cant pick higher refresh rate than 60hz which is what I would like

4. Uninstalling/reinstalling display driver through device manager:

- Same result, no difference

5. Trying custom resolution through NVIDIA control panel:

- Someone suggested I should try setting up a custom resolution through the control panel. I did it but the issue remained, there was no difference.

6. Installing newest graphics drivers through NVIDIA control panel:

- After I did this, monitor went completely black. Rebooting PC didnt fix it either, so I had to plug my monitor in with HDMI cable and roll back the driver so it could work with displayport cable again

7. I tried a different monitor:

- I borrowed my friends 2560x1440@144hz monitor and I plugged it in with displayport driver and it works fine.

So currently I dont know what else to try. Based on what I explained what could an issue be and how to fix it?