Question Can't clear "paper jam tray 1" message on Samsung CLX-3305W

itm

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2004
I have a Samsung CLX-3305W multifunction printer which hasn't been used for a few years. I tried to do a copy on it today, using a tray of freshly loaded paper, but it kept reporting "Paper jam tray 1". I have removed both front and rear panels (as well as the toner cartridges), and the paper pathway is completely clear. The pinch rollers looked clean (but I wiped them anyway). I can't get past the "paper jam" message.
Does anyone have any ideas for what might be causing this?

Look more closely. Usually this is due to something having slipped down inside the unit and getting caught between the rollers in such a way that it may not be evident at first glance.

The last one I fixed, for example, had a fingernail file/emery board stuck between the rollers in such a way that it was completely parallel with the rollers and simply looked like it was part of the assembly. I've pulled bobby pins, buttons, small plastic toys, cloth, food, and any number of other items out that are able to slip down inside there through the paper feed opening. This is especially prevalent if the unit has sat in areas where children have access, but adults might be just as bad as people tend to want to lay things on top of the printer as if it were an end table and invariably they end up INSIDE the printer eventually.

I would look very carefully, from both sides, for anything that looks like it could possibly not belong in there.

itm

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2004
Honestly I have spent 45 minutes shining lights into every corner of the paper path, manually turning the rollers, etc. I am absolutely sure that there is no debris in there!