Question Cant clock my Amd 8370

Mar 12, 2019
Hello, so i have a Amd Fx 8370 and ASRock 990fx fatality killer with overclocking watercooling
And since i got the pc I couldn’t clock it in bios. I clocked it with amd overdrive turbo cores, 6 cores to 4.3 ghz thats 21.5x and thats all i can.do.
why is my bios rejecting every change i make in it?

Mar 12, 2019
Month ago i had problem with windows it would crash every game after a minute running so ive done HC stress testing the components it ran about 30 hours in stress test all worked fine...
i downloaded it 30 min ago started it and its running normal still

Chrushop

Prominent
Mar 2, 2019
Have you read the guides or watched some YouTube to make sure your settings are all legit? I think there are some settings you need to disable to allow your overclock to take full effect, you should at least hit 4.6ghz comfortably and then you'll meet diminished returns

AOD is software and so susceptible to quirks in OS and different hardware so it's unreliable. Always OC from BIOS. Easiest and most reliable way is to gradually increase multiplier and voltage, test and repeat with higher settings until certain limits are reached beyond which "silicone lottery" applies. Only you can find out how far you can get.
"Silicone lottery", I have seen (and had) FX 8350 easily hit 5GHz while another one topped at 4.6GHz no matter what I did to it.
It could also be tuned for higher performance by adjusting FSB/BCLK and Northbridge settings but gains are marginal and involve much more tweaking and testing.

Reactions: Chrushop